TAPAS is a Sanskrit word that means "to heat". It also connotes certain spiritual practices in Indian religions. In Jainism, it refers to asceticism (austerities, body mortification); in Buddhism to spiritual practices including meditation and self-discipline; and in the different traditions within Hinduism it refers to a spectrum of practices ranging from asceticism, inner cleansing to self-discipline.
Tapas Film Festival has been created to showcase both local and international, new and creative works by emerging and established artists who are passionate about story telling via the art of filmmaking.
We celebrate the finest in true genre cinema and we're looking for your best features, shorts, music videos and screenplays in the categories of horror, action/adventure, sci-fi, fantasy, martial arts, exploitation, documentaries, animation, grindhouse, suspense/thriller, international, experimental and more.
We featured in FilmFreeway Top 100 festivals after the first edition itself.
* All the films will be accepted via FilmFreeway only. We don't accept hard-copies even after acceptance.
* The maximum length for the film should be 60 minutes or less than that.
* Open to filmmakers worldwide, all genres and lengths.
* Festival reserves the right to determine eligibility of any work submitted.
* All films that are not in English must have English language subtitles.
* Each entry must be a separate submission which includes form and payment for each submission. Entry fees are payable through FilmFreeway payment systems and are non-refundable.