The 1st Annual Taiyuan International Film & Television Festival 2018 is an annual festival held in January in Taiyuan, Shanxi Provence, China. It showcases independent International feature, television, animation, documentary and short films.
Co-founded by Neter Studios (China) and Echelon Studios (United States), we wish to bring you knowledge and discovery about the rapidly growing film industry in China and it's growing participation with American filmmakers as well as independent filmmakers worldwide.
We encourage the rise of co-productions between the USA and China as well as other countries as the film market and industry is growing fast thanks to all new media platforms in the emerging and robust film and television industry.
Our panel of guests will talk about today’s subjects and matters relevant to the Film & Television Industry, as well as encouraging emerging talents such as actors, cinematographers, directors, producers and writers to participate.
Thanks to our Seminars, Q&A and Discussion Panels with China's leading film and television industry professionals in attendance, attendees will gain knowledge about how to coordinate filmmaking efforts between China and the World.
The 1st Annual Taiyuan International Film & Television Festival 2018 seeks to bring to China the best of contemporary filmmaking from around the world. Committed to enlightening the public with a first-class international film program as well as providing a forum for cultural understanding and enriching educational opportunities, the Festival focuses on showcasing a diverse collection of independent films.
The Festival supports the creation and advancement of innovative and artistic cinematic works from emerging filmmakers and proudly embraces the passion, vision, and independent spirit of these talented artists. With the integration of the local community and educational institutions, the Festival stimulates an interest in the study and appreciation of film and encourages people of all ages and backgrounds to participate.
Awards & Prizes
- All films selected as finalists will receive a First Class RT airline ticket to Taiyuan, Shanxi Provence, China plus 5 Star accommodations and all expenses paid while staying at the Grand Metropark Wanshi Hotel who is the Official Sponsor of The 1st Annual Taiyuan International Film & Television Festival 2018.
- All films selected as finalists will receive a special award trophy commemorating their selection as a finalist award winner.
- All films selected as finalists will have the opportunity to hold exclusive meetings with the Chinese Press including China’s main television broadcaster CCTV and officials from the Chinese government.
- All films entered in the 1st Annual Taiyuan International Film & Television Festival 2018 will be given the opportunity to execute a worldwide distribution agreement with the event co-founder Echelon Studios.
Rules & Terms
• November 12, 2017 (9am EST) – Submissions open
• March 10th, 2018 (6pm EST) – Official Entry deadline
• Notification date: March 12th, 2018
• March 23rd, 24th & 25th – 1st Taiyuan International Film & Television Festival 2018
• Official Entry - Shorts: $25 USD; Features: $50 USD
• Student entry : $15 USD
Note: Entry fees are in U.S. Dollars, are per film and are non-refundable. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify a submission, without refund of any kind, if eligibility requirements are not met including if eligibility status changes post-submission.
Students: In order to submit in the Student Category, you’ll need to scan a copy of a current and valid student ID card or a letter from an accredited school verifying the entrant’s enrollment. A PDF or JPG file of this scan may be submitted through the online entry form. Students who submit to any category MUST pay the applicable entry fee(s).
To be eligible for consideration:
1. You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material and other requirements.
2. You can only submit a feature/short/documentary once, in any category.
3. If music or additional film material used in your film is not original, then permission from source must be obtained. The responsibility for this rests entirely with the filmmaker. Failure to obtain clearance could result in your film being withdrawn from the Festival. In this event, Taiyuan International Film Festival will not be liable to refund the fee.
4. Entrants should UPLOAD their film to FilmFreeway on the day that the entry form is completed. Please include your press kit including still photos. Please write a 10-15 word (ONLY) synopsis for use in our festival program – should your film be selected. We would like to ensure that the judges view your film in the highest quality possible so we will only accept final cuts. Please make sure that your film is ready at the time of entry.
5. Please do not send DVD’s or copies of your film direct to us unless requested to do so. At time of submission we will only accept your entry if your film is upload to FilmFreeway.
**Please note that by submitting your film and being accepted - you are confirming that Taiyuan International Film Festival can screen your film, regardless of another festival's acceptance and are bound by these terms and conditions.**
- No nudity
- No religious related
- No political related
- Only features/shorts produced in the last 2 years