An LGBTQI+ film festival hosted in 3 major cities in Taiwan !
Since the 1980s, Taiwan has witnessed waves of democratic movements in both the political and cultural arenas. The fight for gay rights took root in the 90s and has steadily grown. Since 2000, events such as the Gay Pride Parade have taken place, starting in Taipei, then gradually spreading to many other cities. All this is possible only through the grassroots efforts of many people who together have created a multi-faceted LGBT culture in Taiwan, garnering the title of the most gay-friendly country in Asia. However, despite these localized successes, Taiwan still lacks a central voice, one that gathers the strengths of the diverse LGBT groups to establish a friendly bond with the government, its people, and the rest of the world.
With the belief that the power of films and media can help to create this bond, Taiwan International Queer Film Festival aims to establish ourselves as the premier LGBT film festival in all of Asia. It is important not only to present to the Taiwanese people LGBT films from around the globe, but also to showcase the best Taiwanese queer cinema on the international stage. This will be the start toward a better understanding of the visions of the world.
The film festival is only possible with government support, corporate sponsorship, and, most importantly, the countless friends and volunteers who have made themselves available to work toward this cause. This ensemble cast is evidence of Taiwan's tireless effort and dedication toward cultural progress. Together, with the power of these moving images, we will transform the world, one heart at a time.
Thank you for your support!
Asia Pacific Queer Film Festival Alliance Best Short Prize- Prize to promote and support rising Asia Pacific filmmakers.
Selected Directors / Producer / or Actors will receive official invitation to attend TIQFF (with travel and lodging expenses sponsored) to meet and greet festival audience; give talk and attend forums; assistance to find Taiwan distributors.
2018 Taiwan International Queer Film Festival Open Submissions
1. The Taiwan International Queer Film Festival (TIQFF), established in 2014, is organized by Taiwan International Media and Education Association (TIMEA).
2. The 2018 Taiwan International Queer Film Festival is scheduled from the end of August to mid-September. Post-festival, We will also host single screenings on nationwide tours.
3. TIQFF is now open for submissions. We welcome international and domestic, features, documentaries, experimental movies and animations. The films must have been completed after Jan. 1st, 2016.
4. Submitted films can be of any genre of feature length. The main topic / key message of the film has to be LGBTQI-related. Work-in-progress films will not be accepted. This year's theme is “ VIVA!”.
5. Feature films can only be screened in DCP or Blu-ray formats.
6. Selected films will be screened in their original version. English subtitles must be provided for any non-English film.
7. Chinese language films should have both traditional Chinese characters and English subtitles.
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSIONS AND MATERIALS
1. Deadline for submissions: May 15, 2018. The Festival is not obliged to view any late entries.
2. Materials needed for a complete submission:
- A completed and signed entry form
- A DVD or a link to the screener (full version)
3. Submissions materials will not be returned. The DVD screener will be kept in the Festival's video archive and may be consulted for strictly cultural, non-commercial purposes.
4. All materials must be sent by registered mail to:
TIQFF (Open Submission)
No. 13, Wenxue Rd., Lane 399, Zuoying District Kaohsiung City 81361 Taiwan
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
* English : +886-963-722-369 (Kwan-Fan)
* Mandarin : +886-929-989-282 (Vita)
1. After selected by TIQFF, participants must send the following materials:
- Press Kit / Film stills (300 dpi)
- A photo, biography & filmography of the director
- Dialogue lists (in both English & original language)
- Trailer / Poster / Original sound track
2. TIQFF has the right to use the film stills/text/extracts (limited to 10% of the total length and not exceeding 3 mins) for promotional activities in, but not limited to, Internet, print media, TV spots, etc.
3. TIMEA may use any film for other strictly cultural, non-commercial purposes.
4. Prior and during the festival, films will be shown to professionals for the purpose of promotion, translation, news broadcasts, etc.
DISPATCH OF THE PRINTS OF SELECTED FILMS
1. Detailed print / video shipment information will follow upon acceptance of the film.
2. The Festival will pay for round trip transportation of the print. However, if the print is to be sent to another festival, the charges should be covered by the receiver.
3. All prints will be returned within four weeks after the festival. If the film has to be returned to another address, this has to be marked on the application form as well as the desired date of arrival at the return address.
4. Damage to the film print must be reported to the Festival in writing within four weeks after return and prior to any following screening. In case of damage or loss of a film during the festival, the Festival is only responsible for the costs involved in making a new print.