After 2 years with live screening, we are changing it to broaden the audience with Online Screening Festival as well, and opening entries from all filmmakers and teams.
This festival is not only to encourage filmmakers of ALL backgrounds with a passion to use the 7th art to create films that inspire others and make the world a better place but also to promote the teamwork between Deaf and Hearing filmmakers on set.
We will host 2 ONLINE competitions which will be open for the whole worldwide audience. The film with most views will win the Audience Choice Award*.
The winners and runners-up films will be screened live at the 3rd TSWY International Film Festival with Live Screenings in 2020, and the filmmakers will be invited to the Award Ceremony (in Los Angeles) to receive their prizes.
Open Submissions: January 1st, 2019
Close Submissions: March 15th, 2019
Notification Date: March 16th, 2019
Festival Dates: March 24th - March 31st, 2019
Open Submissions: March 17th, 2019
Close Submissions: May 14th, 2019
Notification Date: May 15th, 2019
Festival Dates: May 23rd -May 30th, 2019
3rd TSWY INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
Live Screening Festival w/ Filmmakers Panel
-Will showcase the winning/runner up films from 2019 competitions seasons.
Read rules for more details.
**TSWY International Film Festival is organized by KMB Entertainment and will be screening online from its online platform. We work in partnership with Belas Arts, a non-profit organization and all profit will be applied to Cash prizes and/or the upcoming productions of new films and live screening festivals.**
**We do NOT waive entry fees, please do NOT ask for it. We charge just a little so that we can cover the costs of insurance, rental, venue, etc. We seek no profit out of it**
A 50% discount code is offered to DEAF STUDENT with Valid Student ID ONLY.
$100 Cash Prize - Audience Choice Award (US Filmmakers ONLY)
Laurel - Official Selection / Winner
iPitch.TV Membership - Pitch your film or TV series to Hollywood's Executive.
1- Films are eligible if they consist of at least 1 of the following criteria:
a- Film must have a positive and empowering message that impact modern society and humanity. (i.e. films about abortion, addictions, rape culture, disability rights, racism) (Crew and cast CAN be all hearing or all deaf)
b - Film must have been made by a Deaf AND hearing crew and cast where at least 1 Deaf and 1 Hearing worked in a prominent position of the crew or cast. (i.e. Writer, Director, Producer, Lead Actor) (Any theme/story/genre is acceptable
2- Films previously submitted to the TSWY International Film Festival are not eligible for this year's festival.
3- ABSOLUTELY NO DOCUMENTARIES, MUSIC VIDEOS, WEB SERIES EPISODES/PILOT, ANIMATION.
4- ALL films MUST have OPEN CAPTIONS. Films submitted with closed captions will be reviewed, however, if in consideration, the filmmaker will be requested to submit an open caption version. If the filmmaker fails to comply with the request or miss the deadline, the film will be declined.
5- There must not be a screening fee attached to the film. TSWY Film Fest will not pay a screening fee to any film featured in the Festival; there are no exceptions.
6- Films that have had a theatrical release, a television broadcast within or outside the United States or a release through an on-demand outlet such as Netflix, Amazon On-Demand or any other outlets may be considered for non-competition screenings.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
In addition to the eligibility requirements listed above, filmmakers must comply with the following submission rules:
- The submitting filmmaker must be either the producer or director of the film and have all rights and copyrights to their films. By Submitting to the festival, filmmakers thereby grant TSWY Film Fest the right to screen their film.
-Entries are accepted through www.filmfreeway.com ONLY
- Payment of the non-refundable entry fee must accompany the submission. Payment must be submitted through FilmFreeway.com ONLY
- Link to a functional streaming video file (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) in high definition 720p or 1080p. If the link is password-protected, the password is mandatory. Links may be included in the FilmFreeway cover letter or emailed to email@example.com.
- Multiple submissions must be provided as individual submissions.
- Winning films from outside the United States are not eligible for cash prize but will receive the "winner" laurel and will be invited for screening at the live screening 3rd TSWY International Film Festival.
- US National films may NOT submit as international. Films made in the US or by US filmmakers that submit through the "International Films" category will be automatically disqualified and will not be eligible to re-submit. If the filmmaker makes a mistake, you must contact our festival organizer immediately at: firstname.lastname@example.org