Launched in 2011, this nomadic film festival showcases the digital storytelling by students and lifelong learners from around the world, hosted by THINK Global School.
The 5th annual Traveling Shorts Film Festival will take place at the entrance to the cultural heart of Florence: the Santa Maria Novella train station.
TravShortsFest has two main focuses: to celebrate short films created by students across the globe and to share them with anyone anywhere via a live stream. We select shorts that qualify within our three categories to create a dynamic program of 90 minutes based on this year’s theme of Outsiders & Outliers.
Daisy Dukes :: Short shorts :: up to 3 minutes
Cargo Shorts :: Documentary Shorts :: 3-10 minutes
Cutoff Shorts :: Narrative Shorts :: 3-10 minutes
Submissions are always free, and filmmakers are encouraged to submit numerous eligible films (see Rules & Regulations for eligibility requirements). Films can only be submitted to one category each. Official Selections will be publicly announced on May 22nd, and Award winners will be publicly announced on June 7, 2016 during the Festival.
Awards & Prizes
TravShortsFest presents a variety of awards to selected filmmakers. Winners of these Awards are announced on June 7, 2016. The awards are decided by the screening committee, comprised of individuals from The Reel Deal (THINK Global School’s film club), the THINK Global School community, film industry professionals, and previous TravShortsFest filmmakers.
The awards given are as follows:
Best Cutoff Short (Student)
Best Cutoff Short (General)
Best Cargo Short (Student)
Best Cargo Short (General)
Best Daisy Duke (Student)
Best Daisy Duke (General)
Audience Choice Award
Rules & Terms
To be eligible for the TravShortsFest, films must comply with the following:
- The film must have been completed on or after January 1st, 2015.
- The film must be accessible and available online from the date of submission until June 29th, 2016.
- There must not be a screening fee attached to the film. TravShortsFest will not pay a screening fee to any film featured in the Festival; there are no exceptions.
- To be eligible, every film must be available for exhibition as a digital file. Files must be at least 720p.
- Non-English films must be subtitled in English.
Rules for Submission
In addition to the eligibility requirements listed above, filmmakers must comply with the following submission rules to be considered for Official Selection and Festival Awards:
- The submitting filmmaker must be either the producer or director of the film.
- Entries are accepted exclusively on the TravShortsFest FilmFreeway page.
- Short films must be submitted via a link to a functional streaming video file on VIMEO or YouTube. All streaming submissions must be HD (720p or 1080p). Official Selection winners will be requested to allow for download of the video file to allow for an uninterrupted screening. If the link is password-protected, please provide the password.