TANZAHOi International Festival is looking for short dance films for our new 2021 Program Take Part of Another World. The fourth annual program, digitally realized and curated by the festival team, will be live-streamed on 3. - 5. September 2021 and will feature newly selected films as well as live-streamed dance performances and the 5 most-voted films of the 2020 TANZAHOi Online Program.
The dance films will be directly streamed on tanzahoi.org, Facebook, Youtube, and Twitch. If COVID regulations in September allow, the stream will be shown in Metropolis Kino in Hamburg to an in-person audience in addition to the digital on-lookers on the streaming platforms.
We wish to see your creativity, artistic research, and inspiration that binds the world of dance and the world of film into one. We are looking forward to learning more about your artistic work! See below for the Open Call requirements.
The dance films will be selected to be streamed on the TANZAHOi Platform from the received applications of FilmFreeway.
* The 5 Most-voted films of the festival will receive 150 € prize money (incl. exchange fees)
* All selected films will receive a 150 € screening fee. (incl. exchange fees)
* Selected artists will be featured on tanzahoi.org and on all TANZAHOi social media platforms for the extent of the festival.
* All applicants, regardless of the selection results, will receive a 30% discount on a festival pass. The code will be sent on notification of selection result.
To be considered for selection:
* The dance film must be a minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 30 minutes.
* The dance film must have been filmed in 2018 or later.
* The applicant must have full rights to the film and film music or have legal permission to share the film.
* The dance film must be able to be shared as a file in Full HD 1920 x 1080 (preferably via WeTransfer). The selected films are required to send the Full HD 1920 x 1080 file by 15. May.
* If there are subtitles in the film, they should be translated to English.
* The selected artists must be able to participate in a live artists’ discussion after the screening of their film on one of the three festival days (3. - 5. September 2021)
* With the submission of this application, the applicant agrees to the sharing of the film, film excerpts, still photographs, and film participants (cast and crew) given information on tanzahoi.org and TANZAHOi Festival’s social media platforms.
* We strongly encourage the selected artists to publish the news of the film selection and the festival program on their personal/artist platforms (website and social media), as well as sharing posts made by the TANZAHOi platform in order to promote themselves and the festival.
* Application deadline is 31. March 2021 at 11:59 pm CET. All applications sent after the deadline cannot be considered.
Press material required with film submission:
* Press Text - long (max. 1000 characters) and short (max. 500 characters)
* Biography of the director(s) (max. 800 characters)
* Biography of the choreographer(s) (if applicable) (max. 800 characters)
* Awards / Other Screenings
* Press mentions
* Social media handles and channels (for film and film cast)
* Headshot of the director(s) and/or choreographer(s)
* Still photographs from the film / Poster
* Film credits (including photography credits)
A downloadable PDF version of the requirements can be found at https://tanzahoi.org/dance-film-open-call/