POP SEFF '17 is a worldwide competition for short musical film forms – music videos. We are looking for previously unreleased works (produced on January 1st 2016 at the earliest) that break away from generic standards and whose visuals play an equally important role as the music accompanying it. We await submission from everyone, regardless of their age and location. From among the submitted productions, our selection team will choose the ones to be presented during Szczecin European Film Festival '17.
Szczecin European Film Festival is a film event, a forum for meetings and cooperation in the field of film, directly on the Polish-German borderland. The festival is organised by the Polish OFFicyna Association, located at 3-4 Lenartowicza Street in Szczecin (71-445), Poland. The festival program is carried out in partnership with a Polish-German network of organisers, and presented in Szczecin/Poland.
Rules & Terms
POP SEFF '17 - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The POP SEFF '17 competition accepts short musical film forms, which need to be delivered personally or by post to the OFFicyna Association office (al. Wojska Polskiego 90, zip code 70-482 Szczecin) on DVD, on an external hard drive or pendrive in the following formats: DVD-Video, MP4, AVI, MPEG. It is also acceptable to send a link to the film, e.g. on Vimeo, YouTube, etc., or share the film file on a website or server. Submitting a work in a format other than those mentioned above must be consulted with the organiser.
2. One competitor may submit a maximum of two films.
3. The final deadline for submissions is May 8th 2017.
4. The date of production cannot be earlier than 01.01.2016.
5. The submitted works cannot contain unlawful or immoral content. Apart from this, all topics and forms are allowed.
6. The entrant must own the copyright to the submitted works, both the video and audio.
7. Additional material required: a short synopsis in English (90 words max.); a bio and filmography of the director (please give original titles); film stills (at least three); a photograph of the director (at least one), title of the piece of music, name of the band/artist performing the piece, a photograph of the band/artist (at least one).
8. Failure to comply with points 1-7 will be grounds to reject the submission.
9. The Organiser will only pass the information about the selection outcome to those whose films have been qualified to the Festival program.
10. The films will be presented during the final screening in Szczecin as part of Szczecin European Film Festival ‘17, and selected works will be presented during special SEFF on the Road screenings in Polish and German cities.
11. The winner is selected through a voting by the audience members.
12. The entrant agrees for a free-of-charge presentation of their film during the POP SEFF ‘17 competition screening and as part of the Szczecin European Film Festival ‘17 program.
13. The entrant agrees for excerpts of their work to be used during promotional actions held by the Organiser as part of the POP SEFF ‘17 competition.
14. The Organiser reserves the right to use selected excerpts (up to 3 minutes) from the qualified films for the SEFF '17 festival's promotional-informational purposes (e.g. the Festival trailer, TV broadcasts, etc.).
15. The Organiser reserves the right to use the submitted film and author information on the Festival website, in social media (e.g. Facebook), as well as in all promotional materials (e.g. the catalogue, the program guide, press kits, etc.).
16. The Organiser reserves the right to use the submitted materials for promotional activities associated with the Festival before, during, and after closing this year's edition.
17. Submitting a film to the competition is synonymous with accepting the terms and conditions.
18. The entrant gives the right to the Organiser, within the meaning of art. 31 of the Data Protection Act 1997 (Dz. U. from 2002, no. 101, item 926 with later changes), to process their personal data.
19. The entrant agrees to provide information about the Organiser's activities via e-mail.
20. The Organiser reserves the right to change these terms and conditions.