The 1st Annual Syracuse Sci-Com Film Festival is a one jam packed day event which focuses solely on Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Anime films from around the world!
This event was created with the mindset of a comic book convention without the overcrowded vendor floors! This festival will have live panels, cos-play, special guests, and of course dozens of screenings of both fan flicks and original content!
The Syracuse Sci-Com Film Fest aims to bring the highest level of excellence in the genre and not forget why we love this unique cinematic art form.
And for those who don't have a film made but who may have a fantastic idea, we will have a "3 minute pitch" contest! The winner will have the ability to option their film to be made!
Also we will be hosting a networking hour which will take place before the scheduled screenings. Any filmmakers in attendance will be invited to participate in an audience Q & A after the screening.
ALL RECIPIENTS will receive a trophy and certificate commemorating their achievement.
-Best SF&F Feature Film Award - Given to the most outstanding Science fiction or fantasy film. Production must be this genre and must be longer than 60 minutes. Entries can be animated, live action film, or a mix of both.
-Best SF&F Film Short - Given to the most outstanding Science fiction or fantasy film. Production must be this genre and must be shorter than 60 minutes. Entries can be animated, live action film, or a mix of both.
-Best Animation Film Short - Given to the most outstanding animated film. Production must be shorter than 60 minutes and entries must include animation and may also include live action.
-Best Fan Film Award - Given to the most outstanding fan film. production must be shorter than 60 minutes. Entries can be animated, live action film, or a mix of both.
-Best in Show Award - Given to the best film as judged by the SSCFF. Entries can be animated, live action film, or a mix of both. This winner will also receive a $500 gift card to B&H photo in NYC.
All entries must meet Festival Rules for consideration. By entering or submitting a film to the festival, the Filmmaker acknowledges and agrees to all of the following terms:
1. All entries must be original works created & owned by the Filmmaker.
2. By entering the Festival, and submitting the Entry, the Filmmaker warrants that he or she owns all rights to the Entry and the material contained therein and further grants to the Festival the following non-exclusive, irrevocable licenses to screen the Entry via any form or media; limited publishing (less than 2000 words) for promotional purposes of the name, likeness, voice or image of the filmmaker(s), cast, crew, biographies of the same, still images and plot synopsis of the Entry as well as any other information about the Entry and/or its cast and/or crew provided via FilmFreeway.com.
3. Deadline is 11:59pm EST, July 1st, 2018. No Entries will be accepted after this time.
4. GENRE LIMITATIONS: The Syracuse Sci-Com Film Festival is NOT open to all genres. All Entries for any category submitted MUST be in one or more of the following genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Action/Adventure or Supernatural. Fan-Films, Music Videos, Comedies, Animations, Dramas and/or Documentaries set within or related to any of these genres will also be accepted.
5. Films in languages other than English, must have English subtitles or English dubbing.
6. All entries must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
7. To be accepted; submitted films must be completely edited and in their final completed form