Welcome to Sumatra, the Island of Gold. It is the sixth biggest island in the world, with sprawling volcanic mountains, making it one of the Rings of Fire islands.
This old island has a developed culture and civilization since the prehistoric era, including the spreading area of megalith and bronze Culture, proofed by the founding of bronze drums and statues of ancestors of the megalithic era.
Sumatera International Film Festival, built under the branch of old and established international film festival group, meant to preserve the culture of the island by continuing spreading the goodwill of modern technology through filmmaking. We hope to enhance the art of filmmaking to maintain the modern art by emphasizing of the good old values our ancestors bring.
We are searching for inspirational films & educational and informative documentaries, carrying any theme (except for nudity, vulgarity, and other films with prejudice, discrimination, and hatred message).
We are also searching for spiritual and ghost theme, especially ones related to old times, tradition, and heroic stories.
By establishing the Festival, we hope to familiarize Sumatra culture and history to a global world and exchanging modern skills and beauties filmmaking brings.
SIFF welcomes all filmmakers, newcomers, students, history lovers, and sculptures, painters, and artists to shine their masterpiece in our festival.
Awards Ceremony will be held in Lampung, in one of the Nusantara kingdoms in Sumatera island. Winning filmmakers will be entertained and fulfilled with its traditional charm and warm greetings and pleasantries.
Kings and queens from Nusantara are invited. The Festival will also hold filmmaking workshop and selected screenings.
Winning filmmakers would also be thrilled with the various traditional dances and art journeys while exchanging experience with other winning filmmakers in this hilly upland plains that send a breezy weather all-year long.
We are searching for inspirational films & educational and informative documentaries. Themes we are searching for are about heroes and heroine, tradition, art, culture, literature, fable, ancient stories, ancient kingdoms, war. We are also searching for spiritual and ghost theme, especially ones related to old times, tradition, and any inspirational films and documentaries that will uplift our souls.
Qualities we are looking in a film/documentary are the story, beautiful and outstanding cinematographic shots, and flow of the film.
We are not keen to see ones that carrying nudity, vulgarity, and films with prejudice, discrimination, and hatred message.
Sumatera International Film Festival will give awards for Overall Winner, the Platinum Star of Sumatera Award, the Gold Star of Sumatera Award, the Silver Star of Sumatera Award, and special jury awards (if necessary). All accepted filmmakers are honored at the Awards Ceremony. During the Ceremony, the overall winner will receive an exquisite statue. All winning filmmakers are invited and will be granted winning sash, a token of appreciation, and well-framed certificates for their respective winning categories.
This agreement pertains to all Work(s) submitted to Sumatera International Film Festival (SIFF):
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film(s) to Sumatera International Film Festival (the Festival), you agree to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) Blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with the title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage to entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the International Film Festivals shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, the submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold our employees and us, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.