The Sulmona International Film Festival (SIFF) is a festival for short films taking place in Sulmona (Italy) from 4th to the 7th of November 2020. The festival celebrates young cinema from all around the world with a selection of new works from emerging directors and passionate storytellers with unique visions.
The SIFF is the international evolution of the Sulmonacinema Film Festival that has reached its 38th edition. Throughout the last fifteen years Sulmonacinema supported the young Italian filmmakers such as the Academy Award winning Paolo Sorrentino (One man up, The consequences of love, Il divo, The Great Beauty, The Youth), Emanuele Crialese (Respiro, Golden Door, Terraferma), Luca Guadagnino (Melissa P., I am Love, A Bigger Splash), Saverio Costanzo (Private, In memoria di me, La solitudine dei numeri primi, Hungry Hearts), Michelangelo Frammartino (Il Dono, Le quattro volte), Franco Battiato (Perduto Amor, Musikanten). Recent festivals have welcomed guests and judges like: Mario Monicelli, Claudio Santamaria, Stefano Accorsi, Maya Sansa, Enrico Ghezzi, Pippo Del Bono, Luigi Lo Cascio, Antonietta De Lillo, David Riondino, Sonia Bergamasco, Francesco Bruni, Victor Perez, Francesco Montanari.
The Sulmona International Film Festival (SIFF) also presents a range of special events included film workshop, retrospectives and non-competitive feature films screening.
Sulmona International Film Festival (SIFF) offers cash prizes and trophies in the main competitive categories:
BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM
Trophy + Cash Prize - $2000
BEST NATIONAL SHORT FILM
Trophy + Cash Prize - $1000
BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM
Trophy + Cash Prize - $300
BEST ANIMATION SHORT FILM
Trophy + Cash Prize - $300
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
Trophy + Cash Prize - $300
BEST "ABRUZZO" SHORT FILM
Other Awards (Trophies without cash prize):
SPECIAL JURY PRIZE
PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE AND JURY:
• Films are selected for Festival presentation by the Sulmona International Film Festival programming committee.
• The jury will be made up of recognized individuals in the cinema and cultural world. The festival management will appoint the members of the official jury who will assign the awards for each competitive section.
• The decisions of the Programming Committee and Jury will be FINAL.
• The programming committee decides the number of short films and music videos selected for the screening.
• If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact officially the entrant by email.
• Selected films will be published online on www.sulmonafilmfestival.com.
• The Festival organizations have the final decision about controversial cases.
• Short films and music videos can be submitted electronically ONLY via FilmFreeway https://filmfreeway.com/festival/SulmonaInternationalFilmFestival
• DEADLINES and FEES:
- OPENING DATE: January 15, 2020.
- EARLYBIRD I DEADLINE: March 16, 2020 - $15 (USD)
- EARLYBIRD II DEADLINE: April 16, 2020 - $20 (USD)
- REGULAR DEADLINE May 16, 2020 - $25 (USD)
- REGULAR DEADLINE II: June 16, 2020 - $30 (USD)
- LATE DEADLINE: July 16, 2020 - $35 (USD)
- EXTENDED DEADLINE: August 31, 2020 - $40 (USD)
- NOTIFICATION DATE: September 28, 2020.
• Entry fees are not refundable.
• All short films and music videos must have been completed after January 1, 2017.
• International, National and Animation short films must have a running time of 30 minutes or less.
• Documentary short films must have a running time of 35 minutes or less.
• Music videos must have a running time of 10 minutes or less.
• All genres are accepted.
• There is no Premiere policy.
• Each director may submit a maximum of three short films or music videos (entry fee for each project).
• All short films must be subtitled in English for Festival consideration.
• The final deadline (Extended deadline) is August 31, 2020 (23.59 - Local time).
• Entrants must deliver the final format (as indicated in the “Screening requirements” section below) for Festival screenings. No exceptions will be permitted.
• Through FilmFreeway entrants must provide:
1) Pre-selection copy of short film or music video in high resolution.
3) Dialogue list in English.
4) Director’s photo.
5) N°2 pictures in high resolutions.
• If your film or music video is selected for the exhibition, the Festival will require:
1) The official copy of film or music video in high resolution (Apple ProRes; H264; .mov)
2) All foreign (non-Italian) short films selected for the official screening MUST have Italian subtitles.
3) All Italian short films selected for the official screening MUST have English subtitles.
4) Digital Press-kit.
5) Any promotional material.
• The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered.
• Sulmona International Film Festival (SIFF) has the right to add, alter, change, or delete any portion of the guidelines at any time without notice.
• Sulmona International Film Festival (SIFF) will provide the best quality projection possible but will not be held liable for any failure in the technical quality of the projection, nor will fees be refunded in any such case.
• If accepted entrants grant without reservations, to the Festival, the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes.
• No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
• The Festival management reserves the right to modify or suspend the event.
• All information above shall supersede any other guidelines associated with the Festival. The Festival is entitled to make interpretations in any case not considered in these rules and regulations and may make exceptions whenever justified. The Festival Management will review unforeseen cases.
• The participation at the Sulmona International Film Festival (SIFF) implies understanding and acceptance of the above regulations.
• The festival management declares that any personal data provided will be used in accordance with Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 as subsequently amended and will be processed exclusively for the purposes of the Festival.
• Cash prices will be paid according to Italian laws.
• Cash prices must be collected within 90 days after the official communication.