Named for filmmaker slang for A/C extension cords on a film set, the Stinger Awards is dedicated to recognizing the talent of Southern Alberta filmmakers from all career levels.
Now in our 2nd year, CSIF is expanding the Stinger Awards to include key creative roles, as well as dispelling the Actor/Actress designation. Our aim is to highlight technical skill above all else.
The Stinger Awards will provide artists and technicians with an array of awards recognizing their work on screen. With awards ranging from "Best Short Form Narrative" and "Best Long Form Documentary", this event is an opportunity to recognize and celebrate the amazing work of home-grown talent.
- The awards will be open to all filmmakers located in Red Deer and south, within Alberta (Please note: your address must be entered with each submission in order to qualify)
- Films will need to have been completed between November 24, 2017 – October 27, 2019
- Unless otherwise noted, submitters shall be 18 years or older
- Best Student Production category ONLY: Residents of Southern Alberta who were enrolled in an educational institution during the time of the film's production.
*Students enrolled outside of the province are eligible to apply for this award, as long as their primary residence is within Southern Alberta
- Must own the rights to the project and retain creative control
- There is no limit to the number of submissions per category, however, each submission must be listed on its own form.
Best Long Form Documentary
Best Long Form Narrative
Best Long-Form Performance
Best Music Video
Best Short Form Documentary
Best Short Form Narrative
Best Short Form Performance
Best Student Production* project completed by a student no age restriction
Best Web Series
By submitting to the Stinger Awards, you affirm that:
- You own or have gained the rights for the film you are putting forward;
- Agree that the Stinger Awards and CSIF can screen all or part of your work as part of the Stinger Award ceremony. However, please note that the Stinger Awards does not agree, commit, nor is obligated to screen all or part of your film during any part of the Stinger Award