Founded in 2014, and growing to a weekend festival in 2017, The Still Voices Short Film Festival has established itself as one of Ireland's premier short film festivals. Based in Ballymahon, Co. Longford the next edition of the festival takes place from August 13th - 16th 2020.
Still Voices continues to grow from strength to strength. What started out as a small showcase for local filmmakers, has grown to a weekend festival screening the best of both Irish and international short films.
In addition to the short film competition, there will also be exciting panel discussions, Q&As, feature films and workshops for children and adults alike, all of which will make it an enjoyable weekend for filmmakers, film-lovers, and everyone in between.
Grand Jury Prize - €1000
Best Irish Short Film - €750
Best International Live-Action Film - €350
Best Non-Fiction Short Film - €350
Best Animated Short Film - €350
Best Student Film - €200
Best Children's Film - Award Only
1. Films must not run longer than 25 minutes in length including titles and credits.
2. Only films submitted through FilmFreeway will be considered.
3. We do not pay screening fees for any short films submitted.
4. Final Deadline for submissions is May 31st, 2020.
5. Only films completed after January 2018 can be submitted to SVSFF.
6. Student films must be submitted with a valid Student I.D. Any film submitted at Studen Rate without Student I.D. will be automatically disqualified with no refund. Absolutely no exceptions.
7. SVSFF accepts digital copies through FilmFreeway only. Please include a brief synopsis of your film (Max 30 words) and a high res image.
8. If the language of the film is not English then English subtitles must be hard-coded.
9. All music and image rights must be cleared for use in your film.
10. Film selection and screening schedules are entirely at the discretion of the SVSFF Festival Director.
11. Films must be submitted in their final form. Films cannot be re-submitted at a later date.
12. All submissions can be included in promotional material in both print and digital media, including television, radio, online media, and all other available platforms.
13. SVSFF reserve the right to refuse the screening of any film if deemed inappropriate.
14. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
15. By submitting to SVSFF you, therefore, acknowledge and accept all SVSFF rules and regulations.