Established in 2014, The Still Voices Short Film Festival is an international film festival based in Ballymahon, Co. Longford. This year the festival takes place from Aug 15th-18th 2019.
Now in its fifth year, Still Voices continues to grow from strength to strength. What started out as a small showcase for local filmmakers, has grown into a weekend festival screening both Irish and international short films.
This year, in addition to Best Irish and Best International Short Film, we have expanded our categories to include Best Animation and Best Non-Fiction.
There will also be exciting panel discussions, Q&As, in addition to feature films for children and adults alike, all of which will make it an enjoyable weekend for filmmakers, film-lovers, and everyone in between.
We accept submissions from both Ireland and abroad.
Best Irish Short Film - €1000
Best International Short Film - €1000
Best Non-Fiction Short Film - €500
Best Animated Short Film - €500
1. Films must not run longer than 25 minutes in length including titles and credits.
2. Only films submitted through FilmFreeway will be considered.
3. We do not pay screening fees for any short films submitted.
4. Final Deadline for submissions is May 31st, 2019.
5. Only films completed after January 2017 can be submitted to SVSFF.
6. SVSFF accepts digital copies through FilmFreeway only. Please include a brief synopsis of your film (Max 30 words) and a high res image.
7. If the language of the film is not English then English subtitles must be hard-coded.
8. All music and image rights must be cleared for use in your film.
9. Film selection and screening schedules are entirely at the discretion of the SVSFF Festival Director.
10. Films must be submitted in their final form. Films cannot be re-submitted at a later date.
11. All submissions can be included in promotional material in both print and digital media, including television, radio, online media, and all other available platforms.
12. SVSFF reserve the right to refuse the screening of any film if deemed inappropriate.
13. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
14. By submitting to SVSFF you, therefore, acknowledge and accept all SVSFF rules and regulations.