St. Lawrence International Film Festival presents SLIFF Online - A monthly online competition for short-format filmmakers to win unique prizes and opportunities to expose their work to the film industry at large.
Thank you for your interest in St. Lawrence International Film Festival and be sure to follow us:
SLIFF Online provides short filmmakers exposure to a global audience and a highly curated list of entertainment industry decision-makers and influencers.
Official Selections receive designated laurels and are shared on our website for one month and promoted accordingly.
Category Winners receive unique prizes geared toward the filmmaker including subscriptions to partners like InkTip.com and iPitch.tv. Winners also receive designated laurels, their films remain available through our website's Filmmakers to Watch page for one year, and will be shared with our industry list.
Submissions for the St. Lawrence International Film Festival open the 1st of each month. Official Selections will screen online (unless otherwise directed by the filmmaker) beginning the 1st of the FOLLOWING month through the last day of that month. Deadlines for each month vary per month, with Early, Regular and Late deadlines priced accordingly (see submission deadlines).
To be eligible for consideration:
1. Entrants must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, entry material and other requirements.
2. Films may only be submitted online - no hard copy, DVD or Blu-Ray submissions will be accepted.
3. For 2020, SLIFF accepts only Short films and Web Series 40 minutes or shorter in total running time.
4.Non-English language projects must have English subtitles at the time submitted.
5.Submitted films should be original creations wholly owned by the filmmaker or filmmakers. Filmmakers are responsible for securing clearances or legal permission for the use of any copyrighted musical, cinematic, or literary materials. By submitting your film, you confirm that you own 100% of the rights to the work. If the work's copyright is held by more than one person, the submitter must have the written consent of all other owners prior to submitting.
7.Competition is for finished films only. No works in progress will be accepted into competition.
8.Competition Categories are defined as follows:
- NARRATIVE SHORT - narrative, experimental or art films which are fictional in nature .
- DOCUMENTARY SHORT - Non-fiction films based on living or historical subjects, themes or events.
- ANIMATED SHORT - fiction or non-fiction films utilizing animation techniques.
- WEB SERIES - Stories that break the boundaries of standard film festival categorization with a serialized structure meant for online consumption. Genre and form are open. Submitted episodes should not exceed 40 minutes in length. Submit only your pilot episode.
9.SLIFF has no premiere requirements for short film and web series submissions. Films submitted to other festivals are still eligible for SLIFF.
10.Filmmakers may submit more that one project. However, a separate entry fee is required for each submission.
By submitting your project via FilmFreeway.com to St. Lawrence International Film Festival (also known as “SLIFF”), you hereby agree to be legally bound by the following Terms and Conditions (the "Agreement").
1.St. Lawrence International Film Festival is not responsible for the streaming quality of online submissions uploaded through FilmFreeway. If your entry is unable to be watched by our programmers due to issues with your upload, your film will be disqualified and no refund will be made. You are always free to include an additional private link through Vimeo or YouTube where your film may be seen in HD on the 'cover letter' portion of your submission.
2.Films must have been completed no earlier than January 1, 2018.
3. St. Lawrence International Film Festival does not pay screening fees under any circumstance. By submitting your film, you are agreeing to screen your film online without a screening fee or any other compensation if selected.
4. If the entrant, for any reason, prefers NOT to have their film made available on the public stlawrencefilm.com platform, the entrant is responsible for notifying the competition administrators.
5. By submitting your film to St. Lawrence International Film Festival, you agree to the following COMPETITION CERTIFICATION:
I/We have read all of the St. Lawrence International Film Festival rules. I/We understand and have complied with these rules. I/We warrant the submission of my/our original work and there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission. I/We also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead and I/we fully indemnify the Festival against any claim made for such violations of law. To the best of my/our knowledge, all of the statements herein are true and correct. I/We understand that failure to adhere to the Festival rules will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee. I/We agree to hold St. Lawrence International Film Festival harmless from and defend them against all claims, demands, losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any film submitted to the Festival.
6. Entry fees must be paid in US Dollars and are nonrefundable. PLEASE NOTE: St. Lawrence International Film Festival does NOT waive entry fees. Please do not email us and ask for a waiver. We understand the financial constraint of filmmaking and costs of submitting to festivals and have kept our fees low in order to allow the most number of submissions as possible. We hope you can find it in your budget to submit your film.
7. All entries will be acknowledged by email or through the FilmFreeway communication system.
8.Entry must be received by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on the date of the deadline specified.
9. If subsequent to its initial consideration, the Festival determines that a submission no longer meets all of the criteria listed above, the submission will be designated ineligible and no refund will be issued.
10. Selection of an entry to the St. Lawrence International Film Festival grants St. Lawrence International Film Festival the right to reproduce or utilize a portion of your entry, and your name and likeness for promotional purposes without compensation. Filmmakers are responsible for securing clearances or legal permission for the use of any copyrighted musical, cinematic, or literary materials. Submission of an entry to St. Lawrence International Film Festival does not guarantee that a work will be shown at the Festival. St. Lawrence International Film Festival reserves the right to refuse to screen any film online or at the festival.
11.All rights to the submitted material will remain with the entrant. The contest administrators and operators DO NOT claim any rights to the material submitted to the competition.
- The submission period for each monthly festival begins on the 1st of each month and with Early, Regular and Late deadlines posted per month and priced accordingly.
- The screening period for Official Selections begins approximately on the 1st of the month following the submission period and ends approximately on the last day of that month. St. Lawrence International Film Festival will make all possible efforts to screen Official Selections for a minimum of 30 calendar days.
- All entries must be submitted online via FilmFreeway. Filmmakers must complete the online registration form in full prior to submission.
- Each entered film must be submitted separately and pay a separate submission fee.
- Selected films will be notified via email using the information provided on the submitted entry form. Changes in contact information may be made by contacting email@example.com . If your film is selected, the Festival will contact you regarding screening format requirements and related materials needed for the successful presentation and promotion of your project.
- Selected films wishing to be screened on our website must provide SLIFF with a link or embed code from YouTube or Vimeo (or similar reliable video presentation platform).
- If the entrant, for any reason, prefers NOT to have their film made available on the public St. Lawrence International Film Festival website, the entrant is responsible for notifying the competition administrators. Such a decision will not compromise that film’s eligibility to win in its category.
- Entrant must be 18 years of age or older. (Entrants between the ages of 13 to 18 may enter with a written letter of consent from a legal guardian.)
The content and design of the SLIFF Website (the “Website”), including but not limited to the programming, text, images, artwork, photographs, illustrations, graphic material, video, audio, other copyrightable elements and the selection and arrangement thereof, are the property of St. Lawrence International Film Festival, Inc. and/or its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or assigns and are protected, without limitation, pursuant to U.S. and foreign copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. The Website is also protected as a collective work or compilation under U.S. copyright and other laws and treaties, and all individual elements making up the Website are also copyrighted works.
By using the Website, you agree to abide by all applicable copyright and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Website. You agree not to reproduce, publish, distribute, display, broadcast, circulate, rent, lease or loan this Website or any of its elements or content to any third party (including, without limitation, display and distribution via a third party website) without the express prior written consent of St. Lawrence International Film Festival. You agree not to disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, modify or create derivative works from this Website or its content for any purposes whatsoever. You further agree that you will not use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture or extract information about usage or users, nor will you use any robot, spider, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy this Website or its content.
Any unauthorized use of this Website is strictly prohibited and may subject the offender to civil liability and criminal prosecution under applicable federal and state laws.
USE OF WEBSITE
St. Lawrence International Film Festival, Inc. hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable license to access and use the Website for non-commercial and personal use only. You may not sell or modify the Website, and you may not reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Website in any way for any public or commercial purpose.
As an express condition of your use of the Website, you warrant to St. Lawrence International Film Festival, Inc. that you will not use the Website for any unlawful purpose or purpose prohibited by this Agreement. If you violate any part of this Agreement, your permission to use the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any material obtained through the Website.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
You agree not to use, transfer, distribute or dispose of any information contained in this Website in any manner that could compete with the business of St. Lawrence International Film Festival, Inc.
You agree to protect the proprietary rights of St. Lawrence International Film Festival, Inc. and all others having rights in this Website and its content during and after the term of this Agreement and to comply with all reasonable written requests made by St. Lawrence International Film Festival, Inc. or its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or suppliers to protect their contractual, statutory and common law rights.
You agree to notify St. Lawrence International Film Festival, Inc. in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorized access or use of the Website by any party or of any claim that the Website infringes upon any copyright, trademark or other contractual, statutory or common law rights.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless St. Lawrence International Film Festival, Inc., its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates, their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, representatives, and third party providers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement by you.
You agree to pay any and all costs, damages and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs awarded against or otherwise incurred by or in connection with or arising from any such claim, suit, action or proceeding attributable to any such violation.
We respect the privacy of our users. We will not disclose any personal information about you or your use of our Website or services except to conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process.
ERRORS AND CORRECTIONS
St. Lawrence International Film Festival, Inc. does not represent or warrant that this Website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that the information contained herein will be entirely correct. St. Lawrence International Film Festival, Inc. may make improvements and/or changes to the Website's features, functionality and content at any time.
This Agreement and all matters or issues collateral thereto will be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the Laws of the United States of America applicable to contracts executed and performed entirely therein (without regard to any principles of conflict of laws). You agree that any legal action or proceeding between St. Lawrence International Film Festival, Inc. and you for any purpose concerning this Agreement or the parties’ obligations hereunder shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court in Canton, NY, in The United States of America.