Solo, the city of culture and enchanted tradition is calling for talented filmmakers and passionate artist. Solo is a town that is deep in the culture and rich in diversity yet blanketed with modesty and tolerance.
The mission of this Festival is to exhibit any shape of art and culture worldwide, especially filmmaking, including directing, music composing, and acting, and also a various shape of art in general. The Festival hopes to make the art of storytelling through filmmaking become more popular in Solo, Indonesia, and internationally. For that reason, the Film Festival is inviting all passionate filmmakers and artist to join the Festival and to star their works.
Theme that we are looking for is a general theme, but we are mostly interested in culture, theatrical performances, drama, any shape of art, ancient and futuristic tradition, visionary films, science fiction, animation, music, dance, historical story and place, biography, patriotic theme, humanism, and any inspiring films and documentaries.
The Festival accepts feature and short film, feature, and a short documentary, animation, and music video. The Festival also open categories for various film production categories and performances such as directing, cinematography, editing, story, acting, sound, production design, costume design, music, costumes, etc. Passionate artists, new directors, filmmaking students, and professional directors are welcomed to submit their work to make their work shine in our festival.
Inspiring stories, well edited, and excellent cinematography, wrapped in strong emotion are the qualities we are looking for.
Solo International Film Festival (SIFF) will conduct a prestigious and exclusive Awards Night. Kings and queens from Nusantara will be invited, and we will also conduct filmmaking workshop and screenings.
Solo International Film Festival is accepting submission now.
The Festival will choose Overall Winner, and give Solo International Highest Award, Solo International High Award, Solo International Merit Award, and special jury awards (if necessary). All accepted filmmakers are invited to come to the prestigious and exclusive Awards Ceremony.
The overall winner will be granted a winner statue, and other winners will receive well-framed certificates for their respective winning categories during the Awards Night in Indonesia. Regardless their winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Award Night, will only receive laurels.
The festival will be featuring screenings, film-making workshops, and special guest appearances by filmmakers, kings & queens of Nusantara, government bodies, and VIPs guests.
This agreement pertains to all Work(s) submitted to Solo International Film Festival (SIFF):
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film(s) or screenplay to Solo International Film Festival (the Festival), you agree to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) Blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with the title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Indonesia, will only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the Solo International Film Festival shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold our employees and us, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.