Solidando Onlus is an Italian no-profit and nongovernmental organization established in 2004 and based in Cagliari the capital of Sardinia island.
We are all volunteers and our commitment is to help low-income countries, improving educational growth and reduce social disadvantage through specific projects.
Our main projects are located in Nicaragua and Madagascar, places where the illiteracy rate reaches high percentages, poverty is the standard of life and where is a big lack of opportunities.
We work to make life's conditions better, but even more to make them acquire consciousness their individual and collective capability, including the potentials to develop and build their own future.
All submitted films will be considered by the Artistic Committee who will choose the ones which will be screened at the festival and will participate in the final competition.
By the way, Solidando organization could decide to screen films even if not been selected by the Artistic Committee.
The jury will include professionals from the filmmaking world, television, media and teaching. The judges' decision will be irrevocable.
1st place prize USD 500
2nd place price USD 250
3rd place prize USD 100
We accept short films with social topics.
We mean real stories or fictions that deal with human rights, solidarity, cooperation, education, social projects, third-world issues, poverty, environmental sustainability, diversity, etc. etc..
1) films must have a social topic and theme (see above description)
2) films must be no longer than 20 minutes (including credits)
3) genre accepted: documentary, fiction and animation films
4) any nationality can participate
5) films not in Italian language must be subtitled in Italian or in English (films with English dialogues must have English subtitles)
6) films must have been completed after December 2015
7) format must be HD or FullHD
8) each author can submit unlimited number of films
9) there is no Premiere policy
10) films must be submited through the specifics websites
for further info please visit: www.solidando-film-festival.org
By submitting to the Festival you confirm that you own the rights of the film and you agree to allow your project to be shown in the Solidando Film Festival. Your name and information about your project and some part of your film may be used for promotion without any commercial purpose
The filmmaker holds the Solidando Film Festival, its management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from entry. The filmmaker certifies to have full rights. Authors or Producer will indemnify the organisers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.