This is our second annual film contest and spring feature film showing. This year the theme is Retro Night. The evening will start with videos chosen to be shown as part of the Skeetawk Flim Contest and then slide into our feature film. In honor of the great Warren Miller this year we're showing a blast from the past "Snowriders." Go dig out grandpa's best ski outfit from the back of the closet because at intermission we're having a costume contest for the best dressed retro skier or boarder. Purchase your tickets online before hand for $15 or get them at the door - $15 for members, $20 for non-members.
Submitted films should be about life in the outdoors. We LOVE films about sliding on snow, but encourage you to submit all creative outdoor adventure films. All submissions should be original content and meet our submission guidelines. Product or company commercials and trailers for longer films will not be accepted. Please only submit films 2-10 minutes in length.
Prizes for first, second and third place will be announced at the event.
1. Hatcher Alpine Xperience is permitted to screen accepted films at the Skeetawk Film Contest.
2. Hatcher Alpine Xperience is granted the royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to exhibit any and all films, publicity materials related to the film, including but not limited to stills, press releases, bios, and trailers, in whole or in part, without limitation to territory, and /or to include said publicity materials with other works in any form, media, or technology for promotion of the Skeetawk Film Contest. Although every possible care will be taken with material while in our possession, Hatcher Alpine Xperience cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage. Do not send original material.
3. The artist(s) warrants and represents to Hatcher Alpine Xperience that he/she alone created the work, possesses unencumbered title thereto and has the right to enter into this Agreement with Hatcher Alpine Xperience. The artists(s) further warrants and represents that the work is original and does not infringe upon the title,
literary or musical property or copyright of any other work or statutory, common law or other rights (including rights of privacy) of any person, firm or corporation.
4. It is the responsibility of the artist(s) to obtain rights and permission for use of music, film footage, and all other creative work related to their films prior to entering the Skeetawk Flim Contest. Hatcher Alpine Xperience is not responsible for any infringement of such rights.
5. If and when accepted the artist(s) will not withdraw my submission for any purposes.
6. The artist(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Hatcher Alpine Xperience with any affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, creative advisers and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may
be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the film contest use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by the artist(s) to Hatcher Alpine Xperience.
7. The artist(s) represent they are 18 years of age or older, or that if younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. The artist(s) agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with their Film and Hatcher Alpine Xperience will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Alaska and conclusively determined by arbitration in the City of Palmer in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties. The artist(s) hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including
without limitation a trial by jury.
8. All entries will be previewed and judged prior to the April 27th showing. Accepted films will be contacted after judges have approved the submission.
CHECK LIST - If your video is selected you will need to provide the following.
1. Production still photo.
2. A short film/video synopsis.
3. A high resolution HD .MP4 file via thumb drive or online transfer.
4. Previews are accepted on the following formats: Online.
5. If you mail your accepted film please mark all media clearly with name, address, email, title, FilmFreeway tracking numbers, and running time.