- 𝗜𝗠𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗧 -
𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗘𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝗺𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀, 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗘𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵.
𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗯𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗼 𝗶𝗻 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗽𝗮𝗴𝗲.
- 𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 -
𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗺𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘂𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗱 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸.
𝗦𝗶𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘁𝘂𝗺 is the ancient name of the present town of 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗮; an 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗥𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻 port, legend has it that it was founded by the Homeric hero 𝗗𝗶𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗱𝗲. Inhabited since the 𝟲𝘁𝗵 𝗰𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘂𝗿𝘆 𝗕𝗖, Sipontum is a place rich in history.
Following the path of the glorious past of the town, we want to start a new history and let the arthouse cinema been known and celebrated all over the world.
𝗦𝗔𝗜𝗙𝗙 is a truly 𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩 and 𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 festival, organized by people who have been doing 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙢𝙖 (𝘯𝘰-𝘣𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘸-𝘣𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘵) for over 20 years.
We are especially interested in all those works that have no commercial purpose, the ones brave enough to seek new paths or to rework the lessons of the great authors in their own way.
The festival aims to become a reference point for all the authors who do not accept compromises and want to share their own stories.
𝗪𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀!
There will be 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 and 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀, with the proclamation of the film of the year (usually during the winter session, at the end of December).
A 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬s will be screened during the 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴; the works will be chosen among the 𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 or 𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙨, giving priority to the works that also have subtitles in 𝘐𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯.
This will 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 the choices of the jury (𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴).
Our team knows very well the difficulties inherent in producing films against commercial needs and for purely artistic purposes; for this reason, SAIFF, in addition of having an official website and social medias where it is possible to keep up to date on the festival activities, also has an 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗴 "𝗢𝗿𝗱𝗲𝘁 - 𝗟𝗮 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗮 𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮 𝗔𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲" (https://ordetv.blogspot.com) where the works presented, 𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙣𝙤𝙣-𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙨, will be 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙙.
An important partner of the festival is "𝗟𝗮 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗮 𝗡𝗮𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗮", club born in 2011, which will host the monthly screenings.
We're an official partner of "𝗶𝗣𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗧𝗩", the Film and Television Industry's newest marketplace for Creators and Buyers of original projects for Film, TV & Web/Digital Media.
Sipontum Arthouse International Film Festival is twinned with the "𝗖𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗼 𝗲 𝗖𝘂𝗹𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹" now in its fifteenth edition.
The winners will be made public, on the notification date, on the official website and on our official social medias; winners and official selection will also be published on the official blog "𝗢𝗿𝗱𝗲𝘁 - 𝗟𝗮 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗮 𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮 𝗔𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲" (https://ordetv.blogspot.com).
We remind the authors that the 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗲𝗲 is 𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗾𝘂𝗲 and the film entered and selected competes for 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘇𝗲𝘀.
The jury reserves the right to assign 𝗛𝗼𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 and the 𝗠𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗲 𝗖𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗔𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱 to works deemed particularly interesting.
The available awards are:
- 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗗𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 (𝗙𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗗𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 (𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺-𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗴𝘁𝗵 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗗𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 (𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗖𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗵𝘆 (𝗙𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗖𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗵𝘆 (𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺-𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗴𝘁𝗵 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗖𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗵𝘆 (𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗔𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿/𝗔𝗰𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 (𝗙𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗔𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿/𝗔𝗰𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 (𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺-𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗴𝘁𝗵 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗔𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝗔𝗰𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 (𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗦𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 (𝗙𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗦𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 (𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺-𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗴𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗺)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗦𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 (𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗘𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗔𝗻𝗶𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺 (𝗡𝗲𝘄!)
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗗𝗼𝗰𝘂𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘆
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗠𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗼
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗦𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗢𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗠𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗘𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴
⸻ 𝗜𝗠𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗧 ⸻
We might write 𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗹𝗲𝘀 about the works in competition on our official blog 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗴 "𝗢𝗿𝗱𝗲𝘁 - 𝗟𝗮 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗮 𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮 𝗔𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲" (https://ordetv.blogspot.com) during the whole year.
We highly recommend the authors to correctly upload 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙡 on the 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝗴𝗲 (𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘰𝘴, 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘴𝘺𝘯𝘰𝘱𝘴𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘶𝘣𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭, 𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘸).
Every articles will be written in 𝗜𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗻, but you will be able to translate them into the needed language through the button at the top left, in the drop-down menu (“𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲”).
𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄𝘀; we will review your works because 𝙞𝙩’𝙨 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙𝙬𝙞𝙙𝙚.
We will review the works that have most impressed us for the sole purpose of giving space and voice to your art.
We would also love to directly discuss with you, so we may contact you for interviews.
Thanks to our partnership with 𝗶𝗣𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗧𝗩 we can offer these following 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘇𝗲𝘀 :
- The winner of "𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧" award will win a 𝟭𝟮 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 to the platform;
- The winners of "𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗗𝗼𝗰𝘂𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘆" and "𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗗𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 (𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩, 𝙢𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙪𝙢-𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙩𝙝, 𝙛𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚) awards will win a 𝟯 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 to the platform
"𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘦? 𝘪𝘗𝘐𝘛𝘊𝘏.𝘛𝘝 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘛𝘝, 𝘍𝘪𝘭𝘮 & 𝘋𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘔𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘢 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘺𝘸𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘪𝘰 𝘌𝘹𝘦𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘰 𝘢𝘥𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮. 𝘗𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘔𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘦, 𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺, 𝘛𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘸, 𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘍𝘪𝘭𝘮, 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘔𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘢 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦.")
- We accept short films under 20 minutes, medium-lenght films lasting from 20'01" to 59 minutes and feature films lasting 60 minutes or more.
- Registration can only be done through FilmFreeway. All the data relating to the short films/films must be correctly entered on FilmFreeway.
N.B. All the presented short films/films must be downloadable by SAIFF team to be able to broadcast them during the live event.
- The author, at the time of subscription, declares to own all the rights on the images, music and sounds of his cinematographic work.
The organization of the festival is not responsible for any false statements by the undersigned.
- Registration fees are non-refundable.
- The short film/film must have subtitles in English (native English short film/film included).
Italian subtitles are highly recommended (to facilitate the viewing of the short film/film during the live sessions).
- Registration is not a guarantee of selection.
- The decisions made by the jury are not contestable.
The jury reserves the right to not award prizes in certain sections if it does not deem it appropriate.
- The official laurels will be available on FilmFreeway, the certificates will be sent in PDF to the winners by email.
Make sure to write the movie name correctly.
- The filmmakers authorize the festival to extrapolate small fragments of their short film/film to realize spots for the sole purpose of advertising the event on social media, TV and online.
- Live events and festival dates may be subject to changes due to causes related to the covid situation. In case of changes we will promptly update the official pages of the festival.
- To facilitate the process during the screening phase, we invite the authors to upload the video file in .mp4 h.264
- The film must be downloadable by the festival team for projections related to the festival itself and in events, school courses, public or private connected to it.
- This regulation may be subject to periodic review; we therefore invite the authors to consult it often.