Building Community Through Film. This is our mission.
With two solid years behind us, we are thrilled to bring more independent films, screenplays, music videos, and photography to Edmond, Oklahoma! This year we are doing a SHORTS FEST! Short films 40 mins or less and screenplays 40 pages or less are invited to submit!
Our artists are important to us and we make every effort to help you feel welcome and informed. Inclusivity is something we foster. We thrive on organization so you can make the most of the festival experience. Every filmmaker is given time for a Q&A after their screening so the audience and filmmakers can connect and network. Our goal is to have everyone leave the festival having had a fantastic time but also having made connections that will further their careers. Also- we really like parties so come prepared to have FUN!
Whether your film stars A-list actors or was made with you and some friends - your film's premier status, budget, and clout don't matter to us. What DOES matter to us is showcasing well-made films and networking. We believe we can all learn from each other which is why we take films from students just learning the art of filmmaking, to industry professionals with years of experience. We love to showcase all genres and look forward to interviews and Q&As at the fest!
We will hold a table-read for screenplay finalists. This is a fun time to hear some selections from screenplays read by local and visiting actors! Photo finalists works will be available to view during the festival.
Edmond, Oklahoma (USA) is a suburb of Oklahoma City. It is a town that loves the arts and we are thrilled to be hosting a film festival here to showcase independent films as well as great writing, music, and photography! Come join us!
FILMS: Must NOT be readily available to the public via Vimeo, YouTube etc. If you have made your film public it will be disqualified from competition. Selected entries must send festival exhibition copy in H.264 (.mp4) format.
SCREENPLAYS: If you are selected as a finalist you will need to send a 3-5 page selection from your script for screenplay readings.
MUSIC VIDEO: Music must be original and you must have full rights to submit.
PHOTOGRAPHY: If you are chosen as a finalist you will be required to mail us a matted exhibition copy of your photograph. Other submission details are in the submission category.
We will give awards to winners in the following categories (plus any we feel inclined to add/subtract as the year goes on and we see what kind of films we are receiving!):
Best Micro Short
Best Short Comedy
Best Short Drama
Best Animated Short
Best Short Documentary
Best Foreign Language
Best Thriller/ Horror
Best Web/New Media
Best Student Film (University Students- must send proof of current university enrollment)
Best High School
Best Direction in a Short
Best Acting in a Drama
Best Acting in a Comedy
Best Short Screenplay (Winner and Honorable Mention)
- We take films of all genres (excluding adult films).
- Domestic and International short films, documentaries, and student films are welcome.
- We reserve the right to determine the eligibility of all projects submitted.
- Projects must NOT be available online for viewing in their entirety (including on YouTube or Vimeo public links).
- All accepted films will be considered for competition unless otherwise noted. Projects may be accepted and presented "out of competition" if they fail to meet certain criteria.
- Screenplays must be formatted and not produced by the event date (2-23-23)
- Music in music videos must be original works submitted with full rights of the artist.
- Once you have been accepted to Simply Indie, you become part of our family which is why we will offer a future alumni discount. You are entitled to a 30% discount!
- Students must provide proof of student status at the time of production. Details are provided in the student categories.
- All foreign language films must be submitted with English subtitles. Unfortunately any films that are submitted without working English subtitles will be disqualified without a refund of submission fees.
- It is the filmmakers responsibility to check the quality of the final file before submitting. Though we check and will notify you if we find any errors, sometimes things can be overlooked. It is up to you to deliver a file you are pleased to exhibit.
- Exhibition films should be download enabled on Vimeo, Dropbox, WeTransfer, and be sent in H.264. (If your film is selected to screen at the festival you will be given more information at a later date.)
- Submission to the festival grants SIFF permission to use excerpts of accepted work and promotional materials (i.e. posters, photos, film trailers, etc.) in all promotional activities related to the festival.
THE FINE PRINT
By submitting to Simply Indie Film Festival, I understand and agree to the following:
1. I have carefully read and understood and will comply with all rules, regulations and eligibility requirements of the SIFF.
2. I represent and warrant that: (a) I have the full right and power to make and perform this Agreement without the consent of any third party (or, if the consent of other parties is required, all of them are also "signing" this Agreement); (b) the film does not violate any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any person or entity, and will not constitute a libel or slander of any person or entity or defame or disparage any person or entity or infringe upon or violate the rights of privacy, reputation, publicity, intellectual property and/or any other rights of any kind or nature of any person or entity; and (c) the film is not the subject of litigation or any claim that might give rise to litigation.
3. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SIFF and its affiliates from and against any liability, claim, cost, damage, or expense arising out of or in connection with any breach by me of this Submission Agreement.
4. I understand SIFF will not pay any shipping fees for promotional materials or awards. Materials sent will not be returned.
5. I understand and agree that if my film is selected, the number of screenings, days and venue is at the sole discretion of the SIFF.