IMDb qualifying film festival, Silk Road Film Awards Cannes. is a monthly competition with annual screenings, open to independent filmmakers and writers worldwide, and short-form as well as feature-length works are being considered for entry.
The annual screenings 2021 from among the winners of the festival will take place from November 30, 2021 at the Théâtre Alexandre III in Cannes.
The announcement of the screenings of our festival Silk Road Film Awards Cannes 2021 on the Cannes City Hall website:
The montly award winners, 12 films will receive an official selection for a live screening at the Theatre Alexandre III, Cannes, French Riviera, at the end of the year. Our judges evaluate the quality of filmmaking and scripts, creativity and the ability to tell stories. Our mission is to discover talented independent filmmakers and script writers , and be another step in their career.
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Music Video
Best Mini Short Film
Best Student Film
Best Dance Film
Best Ecological Film
Best TV/Web Series
Best Biographical Film
Best Musical Film
Best Comedy Film
Best Drama Film
Best Horror film
Best Crime Film
Best Family Film
Best Fantasy Film
Best Narrative Film
Best Nature Film
Best Sci-Fi Film
Best Social Drama Film
Best Social Justice Film
Best Silent Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Indie Film
Best Adventure Film
Best Inspirational Film
Best Mystical Film
Best Travel Film
Best Short Script
Best Feature Script
Best First Time Director
Best First Time Producer
Best Young Actor / Actress
We do not provide a fee waiver.
We do not accept:
1. Amateur videos
2. Films with a poor production quality: bad sound, bad montage, lack of subtitles for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD.
3. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations
For all Categories:
1) Attending this competition implies acceptance of its rules and its decision, which is final, and the waiver of any claims;
2) Entry fees are non-refundable;
3) The organization of Silk Road Film Awards accepts no legal responsibility for the films in competition and its contents;
4) The winners of the monthly competition are not guaranteed live screening. The annual program is selected from among the winners of the month.
5) Films require English subtitles to be submitted.
6) Any genre and format is accepted (from 2 minutes films to 120 minutes);
7) No premiere status is required.
8) Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories. Films entered in multiple categories may win multiple awards. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
9) The film submitted to the SRFA for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance;
10) All films must have been made after January 1, 2016 for competition 2020.
11) To participate in the Silk Road Film Awards, submitted scripts and films must comply with current legislation regarding copyright and the right to privacy of individuals. Therefore, participants guarantee that the films submitted to the festival do not violate current legislation regarding exploitation rights, rights to honour, privacy or image or intellectual property rights and / or industrial and / or any other third party rights.
12) The submiters confirm that they have the right to publicly display the film, including images, music, texts, art and all that is in the copyright law.