An IMDb qualifying film festival, Silk Road Film Awards Cannes is a monthly competition with annual screenings, open to independent filmmakers and writers worldwide, and short-form as well as feature-length works are being considered for entry.
The annual screenings from among the winners of the festival take place at the Espace Miramar Cannes, during the Cannes 7th Art Awards.
This year the festival will be held from 13 to 16 October.
Our judges evaluate the quality of filmmaking and screenplays, creativity and the ability to tell stories. Our mission is to discover talented independent filmmakers and script writers, and be another step in their career.
This year the entry fee is free for Ukrainian filmmakers 🇺🇦 Code: UAlove
Grand Prize Feature Film
Grand Prize Short Film
Grand Prize Animation
Grand Prize Experimental Film
Grand Prize Documentary
Grand Prize Music Video
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Music Video
Best Mini Short Film
Best Student Film
Best Dance Film
Best Ecological Film
Best TV/Web Series
Best Biographical Film
Best Musical Film
Best Comedy Film
Best Drama Film
Best Horror film
Best Crime Film
Best Family Film
Best Fantasy Film
Best Narrative Film
Best Nature Film
Best Sci-Fi Film
Best Social Drama Film
Best Social Justice Film
Best Silent Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Indie Film
Best Adventure Film
Best Inspirational Film
Best Mystical Film
Best Travel Film
Best Short Screenplay
Best Feature Screenplay
Best First Time Director
Best First Time Producer
Best Young Actor / Actress
We do not provide a fee waiver.
We do not accept:
1. Amateur videos, promo videos;
2. Films with a poor production quality: bad sound, bad montage, lack of subtitles for non-English films, video resolution less than 1080p Full HD;
3. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations, as well as pornographic films
For all Categories:
1. Attending this competition implies acceptance of its rules and its decision, which is final, and the waiver of any claims;
2. Submissions are accepted through FilmFreeway;
3. Submission fee's are nonrefundable;
4. The organization of the Silk Road Film Awards Cannes accepts no legal responsibility for the films and screenplays in competition and its contents;
5. Submitting your film or screenplay does not guarantee festival acceptance or screening.
6. Acceptance into the competition does not guarantee award or prize.
7. The winning films that receive the monthly Silk Road Awards Cannes are pre-selected for the competition at our main festival, which will take place from 13 to 16 October 2022 at the Espace Miramar Cannes. The list of selected films for competitive participation in our main festival Cannes International Independent Film Festival will be announced a month before the start of the festival.
8. All films must be presented in their original language with English subtitle. However, once a film will accepted for the screening, it must abide to the following rules to accommodate our viewing public:
Films in English must contain French subtitles.
Films in French must contain English subtitles.
Films containing a third language must contain subtitles in both French and English;
9. The film selected for the competition must be sent via file hosting for firstname.lastname@example.org in FullHD format ( MP4, .MOV), 24 or 25 frames, Codec H.264, Stereo 48kHz;
10. We accept all films in any genre;
11. Premiere status is not required. .
12. Submission of several films is permitted. Each submission requires an entry fee.
13. All films must have been completed after 1 January 2018.
14. Selected films of the winners of the year will be screened in the fall at the Espace Miramar Cannes at the Cannes International Independent Film Festival-СIIFF, our main festival.
15. All filmmakers accept that if their film is selected for competition, they grant permission for the Cannes International Independent Film Festival to screen the film, as well as part of the film (a few seconds) for the festival's promotional trailer.
16. To participate in the Cannes International Independent Film Festival, submitted films must comply with current legislation regarding copyright and the right to privacy of individuals. Therefore, participants guarantee that the films submitted to the festival do not violate current legislation regarding exploitation rights, rights to honour, privacy or image or intellectual property rights and / or industrial and / or any other third party rights.
17. The submitters confirm that they have the right to publicly display the film, including images, music, texts, art and all that is in the copyright law
18. In case of force majeure circumstances, changes to the dates of the festival are provided.
19. Cannes International Independent Film Festival reserves the right to change our programming and event parties without notice.