We bring stories and adventures from around the globe, aim to show the fragility of the planet, and hope to inspire our audiences to love the natural beauty around us. We know that we only protect what we love!
The festival is hosted by EPFW a NGO working to protect the Sierra Nevada forests (www.forestwatchers.org).
Awards & Prizes
The Sierra Nevada Film Festival is a non-competitive festival. We do not give formal awards. Our goal is to bring awareness to the Sierra Nevada communities about enviornmental stewardship, faciliate discussion, and inspire action. We do give filmmakers recognition and a chance to get away to spend some time in the Sierra Nevada, with gorgeous lakes, magnificent giant sequoias, award-winning wineries, and friendly people.
Why Submit to the Sierra Nevada Film Festival? Your film will be screened by a diverse group of people who understand the importance and value of environmental and outdoor adventure film making. Also, we will provide:
- Official selection laurels.
- Free admission for two to all festival screenings and events.
- A facilitated discussion of the film at the screening.
- Sale of DVDs at the screening.
- VIP treatment: we'll pick you up in the Bay Area, assist with finding lodging (or host you), provide canoes, kayaks, hiking, biking, skiing or other outdoor advice, and generally ensure you have a great visit.
Rules & Terms
- Feature-length, mid-length, and short films are accepted.
- Documentary, drama, comedy, animation, and experimental films will be considered.
- The length of full feature films is not limited, but we prefer films that run no more than 90 minutes. If you have multiple versions of your film with different durations, please let us know.
-We typically pair short or mid-length films with full-length features.
-The topics should be related to environmental issues, environmental activism, outdoor adventure, beauty of the natural world, the search for a sustainable world, and related topics. The focus can be political, economic, scientific, or personal; as long as the films are though-provoking and/or inspiring. Our goal is to share with our audiences new ideas, new places, new ways of seeking familiar places, new ways of being, new ways of thinking... We don't shy away from controversy, we love crazy, hair-raising adventures, and we appreciate a quiet contemplation of the beauty around us. We welcome submissions that will push buttons, teach us something, or just leave breathless.
-We pay close attention to the quality of the film production.
-All films are given equal weighting in the review process.
-We gladly accept foreign submissions with English subtitles.
We prefer online submissions such as FilmFreeway, Vimeo, or Dropbox links (with a password) or another site where your film is posted. Email links to email@example.com.
If you must send DVDs for review, they should be sent in NTSC region 0 or 1 format. Please send 2 copies of your film for review to Sierra Nevada Film Festival, PO Box 4519, Dorrington, California 95223. If you would like your film returned to you, please include a postage-paid self-addressed envelope with your submission.
If accepted, we will ask for a high resolution .mp4 or .mov file that we can download, a short description of the film, a link to a trailer if available, and any stills you may have.
Please contact the director, Agata Sulczynski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.516.4972 with any questions.