Discounts are available for women filmmakers, filmmakers of color, and LGBTQ+ filmmakers, as well as for all animated movies! Email or message us on social media for details.
***NEW FOR 2020! SCRIPT CONTEST!***
Submit your short screenplay (up to 20 pages) for a chance at the Bloody Keyboard Sickie! Nominees will have a scene from their movie performed at a live table read during the festival!
Sick ’n’ Wrong is a delirious celebration of cinematic weirdness. Steaming gouts of body fluids, pitch-black gallows humor, and skin-crawling awkwardness are all trademarks of SnW movies. SnW isn’t a genre, though; any movie that disturbs the audience on an existential level is welcome. Shorts, features, docs, animations, music videos—anything goes, so long as the viewer walks away thinking, “What the f#@k did I just watch?!”
Sick ’n’ Wrong takes place in Orlando, Florida, so guests can enjoy their fill of wholesome, family-friendly fun at the theme parks—and then burn all that goodness out of their souls with the unrepentant depravity of SnW. The festival includes opening- and closing-night parties where weirdo creators and weirdo appreciators can share their love of cult cinema while the adult beverages flow. (There’s also a super-secret filmmakers-only brunch, but don’t tell anyone!)
If you’re a filmmaker whose work makes the traditional festivals cringe or shake their heads in confusion, Sick ’n’ Wrong is probably your true home.
Winning filmmakers will receive custom sculpted “Sickie” statuettes. Awards will be given in the following categories:
Audience Favorite—voted on by the festival attendees
Festival Director’s Award—for a stand-out voice in weird filmmaking
Sickest—for the most nauseating visuals
Wrongest—for the most morally aberrant story content
Weirdest Boner Award—for the most uncomfortably sexy scene
Bad Trip Award—for the trippiest animation
Earworm Award—for the hardest music to get out of your head
Bloody Keyboard Award—for the best script
Giggling-at-the-Funeral Award—for the movie inspiring the most inappropriate laughter
Splash Zone Award—for the best practical effects
Mink Stole Award—for the most memorable performance
The Golden Tentacle—for the movie that best embodies the Sick ’n’ Wrong ethos
Sick ’n’ Wrong accepts submissions exclusively through FilmFreeway. We prefer films that were completed after December 31, 2018. Films finished before then will be considered, but they will not be eligible for awards.
By submitting your film for consideration, you acknowledge and agree that:
1. You have read and understood all the rules and terms and do fully comply with them.
2. Your film is not subject to any litigation, nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. You possess all the necessary rights to submit your film to the festival (including the full rights to the use all of the music in the film).
4. You indemnify and hold harmless the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival as well as its directors, judges, and sponsors and anyone affiliated with the festival of any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs of the court) that may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening film entered, or any other claim resulting from your entry.
5. You grant the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival the right to use any still images or excerpts from the film, as well as any titles, written copy, and/or other information included with the film submission, for promotional purposes for the duration of the festival year as well as the future. (You may rescind permission for inclusion in future years’ promotion at any time by contacting the festival director.)
6. You give permission for the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival to screen the film at the 2020 Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival or any promotional or press events leading up to the 2020 Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival.
NOTE: All submitters are automatically subscribed to the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival email list. You can unsubscribe at any time.