Sick ’n’ Wrong is a delirious celebration of cinematic weirdness. Steaming gouts of body fluids, pitch-black gallows humor, and skin-crawling awkwardness are all trademarks of SnW movies. SnW isn’t a genre, though; any movie that disturbs the audience on an existential level is welcome. Shorts, features, docs, animations, music videos—anything goes, so long as the viewer walks away thinking, “What the f#@k did I just watch?!”
Sick ’n’ Wrong takes place in Orlando, Florida, so guests can enjoy their fill of wholesome, family-friendly fun at the theme parks—and then burn all that goodness out of their souls with the unrepentant depravity of SnW. The festival includes opening- and closing-night parties where weirdo creators and weirdo appreciators can share their love of bizarro cinema while the adult beverages flow. (There’s also a super-secret filmmakers-only brunch, but don’t tell anyone!)
If you’re a filmmaker whose work makes the traditional festivals cringe or shake their heads in confusion, Sick ’n’ Wrong is probably your true home.
THE REPRESENTATION DISCOUNT
Sick ’n’ Wrong offers a 25% submission discount to any film DIRECTED by any filmmaker from an underrepresented community, including but not limited to women filmmakers, Black filmmakers, Asian filmmakers, Latinx filmmakers, Indigenous filmmakers, trans filmmakers, gay filmmakers, lesbian filmmakers, bisexual filmmakers, and disabled filmmakers. Email email@example.com or message the festival on social media to request the discount code.
Winning filmmakers will receive custom sculpted “Sickie” statuettes. Sickies are given in 12 categories, including:
Sickest — for the most nauseating visuals
Wrongest — for the most morally aberrant story content
Audience Favorite — voted on by festival attendees
as well as Sickie categories specifically for animation and screenplays.
SUBMISSIONS CONTAINING UNSIMULATED ANIMAL HARM WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Sick ’n’ Wrong accepts submissions exclusively through FilmFreeway. Films may be submitted from any year, but only films completed after December 31, 2019 will be eligible for awards.
By submitting your film for consideration, you acknowledge and agree that:
1. You have read and understood all the rules and terms and do fully comply with them.
2. Your film is not subject to any litigation, nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. You possess all the necessary rights to submit your film to the festival (including the full rights to the use all of the music in the film).
4. You indemnify and hold harmless the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival as well as its directors, judges, and sponsors and anyone affiliated with the festival of any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs of the court) that may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening film entered, or any other claim resulting from your entry.
5. You grant the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival the right to use any still images or excerpts from the film, as well as any titles, written copy, and/or other information included with the film submission, for promotional purposes for the duration of the festival year as well as the future. (You may rescind permission for inclusion in future years’ promotion at any time by contacting the festival director.)
6. You give permission for the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival to screen the film at the 2021 Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival or any promotional or press events leading up to the 2021 Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival.