Sick ’n’ Wrong is a delirious celebration of cinematic weirdness. Steaming gouts of body fluids, pitch-black gallows humor, and skin-crawling awkwardness are all trademarks of SnW movies. SnW isn’t a genre, though; any movie that disturbs the audience on an existential level is welcome. Shorts, features, docs, animations, music videos—anything goes, so long as the viewer walks away thinking, “What the f#@k did I just watch?!”
Sick ’n’ Wrong takes place in Orlando, Florida, so guests can enjoy their fill of wholesome, family-friendly fun at the theme parks—and then burn all that goodness out of their souls with the unrepentant depravity of SnW. The festival includes opening- and closing-night parties where weirdo creators and weirdo appreciators can share their love of cult cinema while the adult beverages flow. (There’s also a super-secret filmmakers-only brunch, but don’t tell anyone!)
If you’re a filmmaker whose work makes the traditional festivals cringe or shake their heads in confusion, Sick ’n’ Wrong is probably your true home.
**NEW FOR 2019!** SnW4 will be the first year that we offer an award specifically for animated movies: the Bad Trip Sickie, which will go to the trippiest animation in the lineup.
Winning filmmakers will receive custom sculpted “Sickie” statuettes. Awards will be given in the following categories:
Audience Favorite—voted on in real time by the attendees
Festival Director’s Award—for a stand-out voice in weird filmmaking
Sickest—for the most nauseating visuals
Wrongest—for the most morally aberrant story content
Weirdest Boner Award—for the most uncomfortably sexy scene
Bad Trip Award—for the trippiest animation
Earworm Award—for the best music
Bloody Keyboard Award—for the best writing
Giggling-at-the-Funeral Award—for the most inappropriate laughter
Splash Zone Award—for the best practical effects
Mink Stole Award—for the best performance
The Golden Tentacle—for the best overall movie
Sick ’n’ Wrong accepts submissions exclusively through FilmFreeway. All submissions must have been completed after December 31, 2017.
You also have to acknowledge and agree to this legal stuff:
1. You have read and understood all the rules and terms and do fully comply with them.
2. Your film is not subject to any litigation, nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. You possess all the necessary rights to submit your film to the festival (including the full rights to the use all of the music in the film).
4. You indemnify and hold harmless the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival as well as its directors, judges, and sponsors and anyone affiliated with the festival of any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs of the court) that may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening film entered, or any other claim resulting from your entry.
5. You grant the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival the right to use any still images or excerpts from the film, as well as any titles, written copy, and/or other information included with the film submission, for promotional purposes.
6. You give permission for the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival to screen the film at the 2019 Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival or any promotional or press events leading up to the 2019 Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival. (Any future screenings will only be done with your permission.)
NOTE: All submitters are automatically subscribed to the Sick ’n’ Wrong Film Festival email list. You can unsubscribe at any time.