Sicily Web Fest is a competition organized by Cinnamon Production. The idea of the festival is to appreciate and promote ﬁlmakers, both italian and foreign, that have the courage and the passion to express their cinematograﬁc art through the web.
The Sicily Web Fest was founded by the commitment and creativity of Cinnamon Production and its artistic director, Riccardo Cinnamon, already known in the webseries world for having produced and directed the successful series Run Away, Web Horror Story and Hidden. Officially presented on April 3rd, 2015 at the Hilton University College of Los Angeles at the LA Web Fest and in Seoul for KwebFest, it has become in a short time a pillar of the festival circuit dedicated to the world of web series, considered by many as the future of cinema. The SWF is partner with the major world webfest: Web Fest Berlin, LA Webfest, Seoul Web Fest, Bilbao Web Fest, Rio Web Fest, Melbourne Web fest, Miami Web Fest, Buenos Aires Web Fest, Vancouver Web Fest and Die Seriale.
2018 edition will be held in GIBELLINA (TP) during the second edition of the wonderful SCIROCCO WINE FEST. All the novelties will be shared during the next months.
LIST OF THE 2018 AWARDS:
• Best Web Series
• Best Italian Web Series
• Best International Web Series
• Best Pilot *
• Best Actor
• Best Actress
• Best Directing
• Best Screenplay
• Best Cinematography
• Best Documentary
• Best Animation
• Best Visual Effects
• Best Editing
• Best Original Music score
• Best Sound Design
• Best Make-up
• Best Costume Design
• Best Production Design
• Best Idea *
• Premio del Pubblico *
• Premio del Mediterraneo
• Selection from Festival Partners
• Distribution contracts
* A Pilot episode is eligeble only for Best Pilot, Best Idea and Premio del Pubblico (Audience Award)
• The contest is limited exclusively to Web Series (composed of at least 2 episodes) or pilot episodes that are made for web or mobile devices.
• In order to be admitted the submission must be in Italian or English, or have the necessary subtitles in one of these two languages. All other submisisons will be excluded from the festival.
• There will be no duration limit for submissions.
• Both published and unpublished works will be admitted. All submissions must be available to the SWF organization on the web or have been posted previously (even in the years prior to the contest) on any online distribution platform (Youtube, Vimeo, etc.). Submissions must remain available in the same manner on such platforms for the
duration of the contest and up unti the award ceremony. Any submission that does not adhere to these rules is subject to exclusion from the contest.
• In the case that a submission is composed of more than one season, each season will be considered as it’s own submission. Therefore each season can be submitted separately.
• By submitting a work and completing the application form the particpant guarantees to be at least 18 years of age and the holder of all rights to the work submitted. Including the rights to images, logos, names, and music contained within. If those rights are held by a third party, the participant guarantees to be explicitly authorized to use the work submitted. The participant releases Sicily Web Fest and its organizers from any type of responsability arising from damage caused to third parties or legal claims of any type, connected directly or indirectly to the contents of any right related to the work.
• The contestant also authorizes SWF to use the logo of the work, the photographic material, visual and promotional, as well as the rights for the use of their name, image, and voice, for all purposes related to the competition. The information contained in the appliction form will be made public in designated areas of the festival. The contestant also authorizes the organizers of SWF to use pieces of their work for promotional and informational purposes (unless otherwise speciﬁed). By completing the application form participants attest to the truth of their statements.