Brookfield is a town in Fairfield County, Connecticut, situated within the southern foothills of the Berkshire Mountains. The two largest lakes in Connecticut border the Town, Candlewood Lake to the west and Lake Lillinonah to the east. Brookfield is located 43 miles northeast of New York City, making it part of the New York metropolitan area. Shorts and to the Point takes place in the historic Brookfield Theatre for the Arts.
In our 12th year, Shorts and to the Point has added a regional independent screening to its festival. Submissions from filmmakers residing in Connecticut and its bordering states of New York, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, or films having been shot in these states, are invited to submit to the afternoon screening. Filmmakers accepted to the festival are also invited to be part of a Q&A panel discussion immediately following the screening.
• Your submission confirms that The Brookfield Arts Commission (BAC) has permission to exhibit your film during the Shorts and to the Point Festival
• You give permission for BAC to use titles, images, copy and other production information from your film for promotional purposes.
• You agree that your submission is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation and you hold BAC harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from your entry.
• You own or have authorization to all necessary copyrights and licenses and will provide documentation upon request.
• You agree to take on all copyright liability in regard to your film submission.
• You give permission for BAC to provide copies of your film to their film jurors for the purpose of determining acceptance to the film festival.
• You also give BAC permission to provide excerpts from your film to the media for promotional purposes and copies of your film for review purposes only.
• All entries must be in English or subtitled in English.
• To qualify for student entry fee rates, entrant must include proof of student status at the time of production (copy of student ID).
• Entrants must submit an ONLINE digital version of their film for viewing consideration
• BAC and Shorts and to the Point Film Festival retains the right to accept or decline any film, for whatever reason, without notice or explanation.
• Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
• You may submit multiple entries but must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.
• Once a film has been submitted it can not be withdrawn.
• Films are selected for Shorts and to the Point Film Festival by BAC. If a film is selected, BAC will contact the entrant by email.
• The decision of the organizers of Shorts and to the Point Film Festival, as to the interpretation of these rules, is final.
• Upon completion of the festival selection process, BAC will attempt to contact you using the email contact information provided on the submission form to notify you of the project’s acceptance status. BAC disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any failure to contact you using the email contact information provided on the submission form. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that the email contact information provided on the submission form is correct throughout the entirety of the festival selection period.
• Submission fees are non-refundable.