Shortcutz Berlin aims to showcase existing, new and emerging talents based in Berlin.
Focusing on video as a medium of creative expression, Shortcutz Berlin tries to reflect the variety of Berlin’s cultural life by screening in the same venue cinematographic, animated, documentary or experimental short films. More than a film festival, Shortcutz Berlin is set to be a unique contact point for new short films and their makers.
A place for professionals, students, amateurs, and anyone passionate about film and video to come, meet and share their ideas on the subject.
The screenings take place at the Z-Bar (Bergstr. 2), every 2nd Wednesday of the month with a themed selection of shortfilms.
The sessions are open and free. All the movies are subtitled in English and the Q&As are held in English too in order to connect the city’s international community.
– We accept short films of any genre up to 20min long.
– The film or director must be related with Berlin (Berlin based director/crew OR cast OR story). If this is not the case you can still submit your film as "Out of competition" short.
– The films must be max. 2 years old.
– The film must have english subtitles (if the original language is not english)
– You or someone from the crew should be available to present the film at the screening.
2019 screening dates:
- 9th January
- 13th February
- 13th March
- 10th April
- 8th May
- 12th June
- 10th July
- 9th October
- 13th November
- 11th December
2020 screening dates:
- 8th January
- 12th February