In today’s film climate it is hard to showcase short films. Many festivals focus on features and it seems like this art of shorts is dwindling to silly videos about kittens on the internet. Even though we love kittens (who doesn’t?) here at the Short. Sweet. Film Fest., we love short films more.
With eight festivals under our belt, our goal for our ninth annual film festival is to showcase films under 30 minutes to the growing art scene in the greater Cleveland area and highlight the works of student to veteran filmmakers across the country.
Students should submit to the short student film category to receive a significant discount off of the submission fee.
We are looking for the best short films locally, nationally, and internationally. So send them our way!
Our festival will take place in the Alex Theater at the Metropolitan at the 9 hotel in the heart of downtown Cleveland. Filmmakers and patrons can stay at the hotel at a discounted rate and enjoy food and beverages throughout the festival.
All selections are eligible to win best, outstanding, or honorable mention in their respective categories. These awards will be announced at the end of programming on Saturday, February 29th, 2020.
The top screenplay award winners will be announced in advance and will be read live at a table reading during the film festival. The table readings will be directed and read by Cleveland based directors and actors and the readings will be free and open to the public, so screenwriters may receive the maximum amount of exposure.
• Productions made after January 1, 2015 may be submitted.
• Do not submit works in progress.
• Do not submit industrial or instructional works.
• All films submitted must be available in .mov or .mpg4 format for presentation.
• A majority of films in digital video formats will be transferred temporarily onto a hard drive system for presentation.
• All entries must be postmarked by Tuesday, December 31st, 2019. (Early submission discounts apply until September 30th – see fee schedule.)
• Flash or Memory sticks submitted will NOT be returned.
• Films selected for the Short. Sweet. Film Fest. will be announced no later than Friday, January 17th, 2020.
• Prints or videos for presentation must arrive no later than Saturday, February 1st, 2020.