Short Stories of a #New India - JABIN KAWSAR
An inspiring, amazing and motivating short story of a young girl who overcame severe disabilities, turning her feet into her hands, and achieved what many with all limbs intact cannot.
Harinder S. SikkaDirector
Harinder S. SikkaWriter'Calling Sehmat' made as feature film 'Raazi' and 'Nanak Shah Fakir'
Well-known actor Mr. Akshay Kumar and real life protagonist Jabin KawsarKey Cast
Project Type:Documentary, Short
Completion Date:July 31, 2019
Production Budget:50,000 USD
Country of Origin:India
Country of Filming:India
Viacom 18Country: India
Designation : Group Director – Strategic Business, Piramal group
1979-1993 Indian Navy.
1994-1998 Vice President, Nicholas Piramal India Limited.
1998-2002 President – Nicholas Piramal India Limited.
2002-2006 Senior President, Nicholas Piramal India Limited.
2006-2015 Director, Corporate Affairs, Piramal Enterprises Ltd.
01 Oct. 2015 onwards – Group Director, Strategic Business, Piramal Group.
• Mr. Sikka graduated from Delhi University in 1979 and joined the Indian Navy the same year. He was commissioned in January 1981 and took premature retirement from Indian Navy in the year 1993 as Lt. Commander. Since 1994 he has worked with Piramal Group in various capacities.
Mr. Sikka plays a role in Piramal group’s diversified global business that has:
• Presence across various sectors such as Pharma, healthcare, information management, financial services, real estate and specialty glass packaging.
• Operations in over 30 countries and brand presence across 100 markets around the world with over 10000 employees.
• A balance sheet in excess of US $ 8 billion and over 60 percent of the revenues are generated from outside India.
• An international workforce; 30% of all employees are from across the world.
• The Real Estate and Infrastructure arm of the group is working on over 10 million square feet of commercial and residential projects.
• M/s. Warburg Pincus and M/s. Goldman Sachs have recently invested over 300 million dollars in Piramal Realty business.
• Piramal Capital currently manages funds of over three billion dollars.
• He has been felicitated by Global Anti-Counterfeiting Group, Paris, The Indira Super Achiever Award and many other similar recognitions.
• He did his training on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) from AOTS, Tokyo, Japan. He is a prolific writer with several articles and books ‘Calling Sehmat” and “Gobind” to his name.
• He has also recently produced a film titled ‘Nanak Shah Fakir’, which was applauded at International Film Festivals at Cannes, Toronto and Los Angeles and won three National Awards last year namely:
a) Nargis Dutt award for Best Feature Film on National Integration.
b) Best film for Make up.
c) Best film for Costumes.
• He authored a book titled ‘Calling Sehmat’, which was released in 2008 by the then Chief of the Naval Staff. The book has now become a highly successful film titled ‘Raazi’ starring Alia Bhatt and has recorded highest viewership. It took eight years of research and toil, including two visits to Pakistan, to complete the story of a Kashmiri Muslim lady who spied for India and in the process saved hundreds of lives.
Interested in creating cinema that brings about a meaningful difference to mankind and the world we live in.