ShortScape Film Festival is a celebration of the developing Scottish film and video industry. The festival aims to provide an alternative platform to showcase the works of local students, recent graduates and independent creatives, and to encourage inclusivity, cooperation and development of new ideas in the field of media production.
The 2nd edition of ShortScape Film Festival will take place 21-23 September 2023 in Leith Arches, Edinburgh.
We want to build bridges and connect different Universities and local filmmaking communities. That is why we want to take the event outside of University buildings. In fact, take it out of cinemas. Our goal is to occupy a unique urban place, a ‘neutral’ ground to encourage others to join us.
We believe in integration and cooperation, that’s why we showcase not only Scottish short films but also local artists and musicians.
ShortScape is not a competition, it’s a celebration of talent and community.
ShortScape is not a competition.
You will be eligible for selection if:
1. You are submitting a short film (up to 25 minutes).
2. Main creative team members are creators based in Scotland who worked on the film without payment.
3. The film's budget is less than £10 000.
4. Film was made in the last 3 years (between the 01-08-2020 and 01-08-2023).
5. The party submitting the film owns the copyright to every aspect of the film and does not infringe the copyright of any third party.
6. The party has provided all the required documentation and an online screener before the 1st of August 2022 (the official deadline for submission).
7. All films must have English subtitles.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By completing the entry form and delivering the film, you have applied to enter the film into the ShortScape Film Festival.
2. ShortScape Film Festival is not a competition and your film is considered for selection only. No winners will be announced.
3. In the event that a filmmaker is under the age of eighteen, their attendance at any ShortScape Film Festival screening or online event must be accompanied by an adult.
4. The applicant has the sole and full right and authority to accept the terms and conditions and enter into this agreement.
5. The applicant has permission to reproduce and exploit all third-party materials contained in the film or upon which the film is based.
6. The producer is the sole and exclusive owner, or has permission from the sole and exclusive owner, of the copyright in the sound recordings comprising of the soundtrack of the film and the music and lyrics reproduced in those sound recordings.
7. All of the performers in the film have consented in writing to the use of their performances in the film.
8. The applicant has obtained from each contributor to the film a written release to use the results and proceeds of the contributor’s services and/or contributions to the film.
9. The applicant has obtained from each contributor authorisation for Shortscape Film Festival to use the contributor’s name and likeness in connection with any publicity for the event.
10. All details submitted in the entry form by the applicant are true and correct and the applicants indemnifies ShortScape Film Festival from and against any and all claims and demands made against ShortScape Film Festival, its assignees or licensees, in relation to the guarantees provided by the applicant.
11. No part of the film is, or will be, actionable for defamation or violate any right of privacy or publicity of any person, and the full use of the rights in the film will not violate any rights, including copyright or moral rights, of any person, firm, or corporation; and the film is not the subject of any litigation nor is it threatened by any claim or litigation.
12. ShortScape Film Festival may, in its sole discretion, disqualify a film from consideration if ShortScape Film Festival has reason to believe that a film does not, for any reason, comply with the Terms and Conditions.
13. The applicant agrees to indemnify ShortScape Film Festival and hold them harmless from any damages, liabilities, losses, costs, expenses, obligations or claims (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of the breach of applicant’s agreements, obligations, representations and warranties under this Agreement.
14. The applicant agrees for the ShortScape Film Festival to use any submitted supported materials (such as stills and short clips up to 3 minutes) for any future promotional purposes.