The short film festival of Ireland welcomes short films from all over the world in all genres and types. We're filmmakers and we love sharing, seeing and finding new short films that tell great stories, no matter what the format.
We believe in short films and that the future of narrative content in particular is heading towards much shorter content. With that in mind we wanted to create a festival that will bring the very best of short films from all over the world to Ireland.
Our festival screenings will take place in Filmbase, Dublin, Ireland
Short Film Festival of Ireland will be about the best short films in the world, we will also be giving awards in the following categories:
Short Film Festival of Ireland accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from Short Film Festival of Ireland
1. Entries must be submitted by the date of the Final Deadline.(i.e. Submission for Regular Deadline Submissions should be submitted by October 31st, 2017)
2. Entrants must submit an ONLINE digital version of their film for viewing consideration. NO DVD's, Blu-Rays or Computer Files will be accepted.
3. Entry forms and payment will not be processed without an accompanying digital ONLINE Preview Copy in the accepted format. Tell us everything you can about your film and why you are submitting it but at this stage we do not require a press pack.
4. All entries must be in English or subtitled, unless special arrangements have been made with the festival.
5. Please attach/write FilmFreeway Tracking ID on submission materials for tracking purposes.
6. There is no exceptions to the festival regulations & fee waivers are not available.
7. By submitting, the filmmaker agrees to let the festival use excerpts from their screeners for use in Short Film Festival of Ireland 2017 trailers, publicity and promotions.
8. Short Film Festival of Ireland is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it has all pertinent legal clearances and is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. Furthermore, once a film is submitted, approval is granted for festival screening whether it is accepted in other film festivals or not. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Short Film Festival of Ireland from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos screened or entered.
9. The decision of the festival Co-Directors will be final in all matters.