SHOOT For Legal Awareness -SFLA -2018 is the second edition of SFLA - India's first and only short film festival on Legal Awareness. SFLA is organized by Chhattisgarh State Legal Services Authority and DLSA Raipur in technical collaboration with GPR Strategies and Solutions (a Non Profit Organization in India). The festival aims at spreading legal awareness through creative visual story telling. It started with a small experiment in 2016. The very first season saw entries from all across India. Top 20 films were screened for a live audience of more than 2000. In a year round run through out the region these films reached out to 300000 plus people. This year the festival topics are : Tribal Rights, Women Safety at Workplace and at Home, Missing Children and Human Trafficking AND Female feticide, Save Girl Child. Date 20-21 January 2018 at Raipur, Capital of Chhattisgarh. Duration 5 to 12 minutes. Last Date for submissions - 07.01.2018. 4 Awards – Rs.100000 for each BEST FILM. For details call 9111189999., E mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, Organized by Chhattisgarh State Legal Services Authority. Visit : http://cgslsa.gov.in/ Festival Director - Mr. Vivek Kumar Tiwari, Member Secretary CGSLSA , fESTIVAL Convener - Mr. Umesh Upadhyay , Secretary, DLSA Raipur
BEST FILMS AWARDS : Maximum 4 Films can win the Award of SFLA 2018 BEST FILM with a Prize of Rs.1,00,000 for each film.
SPECIAL JURY RECOGNITION : 5 Films will be chosen for special jury recognition with a Prize of Rs.20,000 for each film.
INDIVIDUAL RECOGNITION AWARDS: 10 Categories such as actor, director, music, screenplay, script, dialogues, background score, editing etc. with a Prize of Rs.10,000 for each category.
Please visit http://cgslsa.gov.in and download the Information Brochure and see Section 15 for Rules and Regulations .
*******RULES & TERMS************
1. Any number of entries are accepted in both the categories.
2. Entries must be sent as per the Registration Process entailed in this Information Brochure as published on cgslsa.gov.in
3. Registration Form can be downloaded from cgslsa.gov.in. Only the entries accompanied by duly filled and signed Registration Form shall be considered for evaluation by the jury.
4. Mere receipt of the entries shall not be assumed to be acceptance for evaluation or screening.
5. Entries passed by the Jury for screening and competition shall be informed through email, letter , phone to the contestants. The same shall also be exhibited on the website cgslsa.gov.in
6. Films in COMPETITION Category must comply the following :
a. Films must be Short Film with minimum duration of 5 minutes and maximum duration of 12 minutes including the credit roll.
b. They must have been released/produced by Indian Nationals only. Entries sent by Foreign Nationals may be considered for special screening or mention in the official document of SFLA subject to approval by Festival Chair.
c. In the case of co-productions, the applying producers/production companies/teams must have the right to sanction the participation of the film in competition in the Festival and authority to receive award, if any, is won. Any contradiction to this and violation related thereto will not put any liability on the festival or its organizers or any supporting body.
7. Entries will be subject to preview by a committee constituted by SFLA organisers. A film which is not accepted for the Competition Section can be shown in the Screening Section.
8. The decisions of the jury will be taken in an unbiased way. The organizers and technical collaborators of the festival can attend the deliberations of the jury but shall neither participate nor vote.
9. No person in any way connected with any of the competitive entry will be a member of the jury.
10. Films entered in the contest and festival are subject to automatic consent and approval from the contestants for screening the entries on legal awareness drives, television, cinema halls, web media including but not limited to whatsapp and youtube for spreading legal awareness by CGSLSA or any other body approved for the purpose by CGSLSA.
11. SFLA will not reimburse any cost incurred by the contestants in making of the film, storage device including the submitted pen drive, freight and courier or any other head incidental to enter the film in this festival. Transportation and insurance costs of Pen Drives, related documents, photographs and publicity materials shall be borne by the applicant.
12. SFLA or CGSLSA claim no sole screening and exhibition right over the entered films. Contestants are free to send the entries to other platforms or screen them as per their discretion. Any screening or entry of the same film for any other platform including media and broadcasting, if bears reference to SFLA / CGSLSA , must be done with prior consent for the same from CGSLSA Bilaspur (C.G.)
13. Entries sent in all formats shall not be returned to the contestants, even if not screened or selected for competition.
14. Films not eligible for Competition Category may also be included for Special Jury Award.
15. Selection of films / videos for SFLA 2018will be done by a committee whose decision will be final. However, Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion and sect or is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society OR is objectionable OR is against public interest. In such cases the decision of CGSLSA will be final and overriding the decision of Jury.
16. Any effort to influence the decision of the Jury shall disqualify the entries and bar the contestants from entering the contest and festival for next 3 years.
17. SFLA 2018 and CGSLSA would be allowed to use all photographs and publicity materials received along with the Entry and the same will not be returned to the entrants.
18. Each entry shall be accompanied by a 90 seconds excerpt with major credits. The same shall be used for publicity of the festival.
19. Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous particulars will not be considered.
20. Pen Drives / DVDs submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit Pen Drives / DVDs without any physical / quality defects. However in few rare cases, SFLA may request the applicant to re-edit few parts , video or sound enhancement in order to make the entries eligible for contest and/or screening.
21. CGSLSA assumes automatic consent of the producer / authorized rights owner / contestant to re-edit the film for specific purpose and use it later, after the festival. This will also be applied on the entries not selected or screened.
22. At least one of the producer/s or the contestant will have to be present during screening and award ceremony. Contestants of selected entries shall be informed for the same over phone and email.
23. Films not presenting sufficient technical qualities for good public screening can be refused after checking of the prints by the Screening Unit .
24. Once entered, films can not be withdrawn from participation at SFLA 2018under any circumstances. Pen Drives / DVDs and other materials submitted will not be returned.
25. By submitting film to SFLA, filmmaker/producer/submitter takes the whole responsibility of copyright issues of music, script and other creative and technical aspects of film. He/she accepts the responsibility for the accuracy of the information supplied and authorizes SFLA to reproduce & use personal/company's contact information as supplied. The applicant/submitter confirms that he / she has the requisite authority or has obtained the requisite authority from the producer / right holder/concerned authorities to enter, screen and publicize the film in SFLA and make available the print for screening. SFLA is not responsible /answerable to any copyright/legal issues regarding submitted film.
26. CGSLSA and the SFLA organizing body may change the dates of the competition, schedule of screening, venue of screening, date of award ceremony as per convenience OR may cancel the entire activity of organizing the short film festival. In any such conditions SFLA team and CGSLSA shall not be liable for any damage claims from any concerned party for whatsoever reason.
27. Filmmakers/delegates of short listed films will be invited to attend the festival. However,the festival will not arrange or reimburse for travel / stay expenses of the participants attending the festival and/or screening and/or award ceremony.
28. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations as mentioned from clause 1 to 27 in this segment.