Shock Therapy is the upcoming short Canadian horror event presented by CineVic: Society of Independent Filmmakers. In its premiere year, Shock Therapy will be illuminating the best of Canadian short horror films, with a focus on the creative, satirical, and psychological.
1) Entries are only accepted via the FilmFreeway online portal.
2) Film submissions are only eligible from Canadian residents. Entries originating from outside of the country will be deleted.
3) Entries may be fiction, animation, or experimental. Films must be in English OR contain English subtitles. Film running time must be maximum 20 minutes including credits. Only films completed after January 1, 2016 will be considered.
4) Films which are publicly available to view online are not eligible.
5) Only films which are selected to screen at Shock Therapy will receive notification, no later than August 24, 2018.
6) If selected for screening at Shock Therapy, the filmmaker will be required to submit the following:
• Minimum two high-resolution film stills
• One high-resolution Director's headshot photo
• Brief synopsis of the film
• Film exhibition copy in high-resolution Quicktime format
• Film trailer via online link (if available) and/or high-resolution Quicktime format
7) Once a film has been selected to be screened at Shock Therapy it may not be withdrawn.
8) Screening fees will only be paid to Canadian films/filmmakers which are selected to screen at the event.
9) One representative from each film selected to screen will be provided with a pass to all screenings.
10) Your submission of this entry form confirms that:
• You have the legal right to represent and submit this film for consideration along with your acceptance of Shock Therapy film festival regulations.
• The Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, or royalty infringements related to the work.
• You agree to allow CineVic and Shock Therapy's team the use of your film and its publicity materials (including name, photo, and bio of Director) for promotional purposes.