Welcome to the inaugural year of the Sheridan WYO Film Festival!
Nestled at the foot of the beautiful Bighorn Mountains in Sheridan, Wyoming, the Sheridan WYO Film Festival will provide a fun loving and intimate atmosphere that will see filmmakers leave with plenty of new connections, experiences and friends. Our sponsors will provide events and mixers every night as we provide an arena for filmmakers to screen their films in public and experience some incredible cinema from around the world. We'll also showcase immersive story forms of all genres involving VR and AR in our Virtual Reality Rodeo arcade throughout the festival weekend.
We are looking for films of all shapes and sizes that are innovative, inspirational and capture the independent spirit of the greatest storytellers. We're looking for films with a powerful story and distinct voice. With a heavy focus on quality films and a friendly vibe we'll encourage filmmakers to partake in Q & As and mixers over the course of the weekend as we build relationships that last.
We accept Features, Shorts, Documentaries, Music Videos, Animation, Experimental films, and VR/AR/360/Immersive Storytelling Forms from emerging artists and students to established professionals. The Sheridan WYO Film Festival is committed to the celebration of independent film in all its forms and bringing it to wider audiences.
The 2018 Sheridan WYO Film Festival will take place October 5th-7th.
Filmmakers whose Films are selected for screening in the Sheridan WYO FIlm Festival may receive an invitation for a trip to Sheridan, Wyoming to participate in the 2018 Sheridan WYO Film Festival. Filmmakers who are invited will receive prizes up to and including VIP access to the Festival, travel & lodging expenses, access to film screenings at the festival, VIP access to nightly Gala events, and treated like the filmmaker royalty that you are.
Additional or alternate prizes will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Sheridan WYO Film Festival.
The Sheridan WYO Film Festival will take place in Sheridan, WY on October 5-7, 2018. Rules are subject to change at any time with or without prior notice.
1. Submission Format
Films must be submitted via the FilmFreeway online screener or a link with password (Vimeo or YouTube) only. Submitted copies will not be returned.
2. Submission Eligibility
- All submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2015.
- There is no premiere policy for submission.
3. Premiere Status
- There is no premiere policy.
4. Submission Fee
All submissions for the Sheridan WYO Film Festival are to be paid by credit card or paypal. The submission fee is non-refundable.
5. Selection of Films
Submissions are reviewed and selected under the following criteria:
Strength of story
Quality of narrative and production values
Independent nature of the production
The Sheridan WYO Film Festival endeavors to complete all selection procedures on or before July 31, 2018 and inform all submitting parties, in writing, if their film has been successful or not after that time. Successful submissions will receive a Filmmaker Festival Pack that will include important information on shipping the print or DVD/BluRay and/or .mov file to the Festival, press and publicity, guest accreditation, contact information and how to make the most of participating in the Festival.
A selected DVD/BluRay or .mov file must be received at Sheridan WYO Film Festival no later than THIRTY days prior to its scheduled screening date. The Sheridan WYO Film Festival will take place from October 5-7, 2018.
The Sheridan WYO Film Festival will not be responsible for returning any DVD/BluRay copies of films.
6. Festival Screenings and Scheduling
Sheridan WYO Film Festival has the capability to screen .mov, BluRay, and DVDat this time. Our facilities do NOT support 35mm, Super 16mm or double-head formats.
Sheridan WYO Film Festival aspires to provide the best quality projection possible but will not be held liable for any failure in the technical quality of the projection, nor will fees be refunded in any such case.
Screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of Sheridan WYO Film Festival. While every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, Sheridan WYO Film Festival reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. Sheridan WYO Film Festival will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Film's submittal to Sheridan WYO Film Festival (the "SWFF") for consideration for the Sheridan WYO Film Festival (the "Festival"):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the Festival's presentation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival or the SWFF because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or the SWFF of the content of the Film or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SWFF, the Festival, the affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Institute or the Festival.
6. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
7. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian.
8. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations for submitting a film to the Festival.
9. By clicking "I Agree" below, or by submitting a film or screenplay to SWFF, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the SWFF or the Festival.