Discovering & Promoting Writers Since 1999
Our intention is to help open doors for the aspiring television writer. There are four categories you can submit to, which include one hour existing shows, ½ hour existing sitcom, original pilots, and reality shows.
The participants we have chosen to read the winning scripts are individuals from established production companies. Whether you are already an aspiring television writer or a writer interested in exploring other avenues, Scriptapalooza TV is here to promote careers in television and provide exposure for the undiscovered writer.
Awards & Prizes
The television competition is awarding over $3000 in cash prizes.
We are giving awards in the following categories:
• Pilot Category
• 1/2 Hour Category
• 1 Hour Category
• Reality Shows
All the winners will be sent to over 50 producers, managers and agents.
After Scriptapalooza announces the TV winners we do call and promote the 12 winners to all of our contacts. Also we do get calls from interested agents, managers and producers looking to read the top winners. The goal of Scriptapalooza TV is to connect writers with producers, managers and agents...people that can make a difference in a writer’s career.
Rules & Terms
1. Any spec script from any existing television show, or any original television
pilot will be considered. Reality shows are accepted also.
2. Entered scripts may not have been previously sold.
3. Multiple entries are accepted, provided a signed entry form and appropriate
entry fee is attached to each submission.
4. Multiple authorship is acceptable.
5. Scripts must be the original work of the author(s),18 or older.
6. Scriptapalooza recommends registering your script with The Library of Congress.
7. No substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages for script entries will be
accepted under any circumstances.
8. Emailed entry must be accompanied by the following:
a. Completed official entry form
b. Entry fee
c. Completed original script
9. Submit scripts in English only.
10. Do not send originals. Scripts will not be returned under any circumstances.
11. Please submit your entry with all your information on the cover page:
The title, author's name, address, phone number and email address.
12. Body pages must be numbered.
13. Scripts must be in television standard format.
14. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.