The Scottish Youth Film Festival is an annual event held by the Scottish Youth Film Foundation, celebrating the film-making talents of Scotland's young people. It also provides them an opportunity to come together as a community and over the course of the festival explore pathways into the film industry and creative arts.
Throughout the year groups of young people from across Scotland are invited to make short films of up to 7 minutes in length and submit them to the festival. Festival submissions are free and all films are assessed as part of the awards process.
Note that films from countries other than Scotland are not eligible and due to high demand we will be unable to watch those films.
This year the festival will take place October 23rd and 24th for its main events and award ceremonies as well as other smaller workshops taking place at other points in the year. The festival will strive to give those attending a professional festival experience with awards and career networking opportunities. It is hoped that this year we will be able to have a hybrid event comprising of a real life audience as well as online broadcast.
By entering the SYFF competition you confirm that you agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
A competition for young people living in or from Scotland aged up to 19 years old. All films must be 7 minutes or shorter in duration.
1. To enter a competition you must be the relevant age for the category entered on the day of submission. The entry shall be made in the name of the specified Director. Note that only residents of Scotland are eligible for the festival.
2. No purchase necessary.
3. Only one entry per person.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
5. The winner will be contacted via email. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as SYFF may require.
7. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
8. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
9. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
10. It is the responsibility of the film maker to ensure that all relevant rights and permissions are secured. The film maker indemnifies the festival against any and all claims regarding copyright, etc.