Sciacca Film Fest takes places every year in the town in the province of Agrigento with the aim of promoting and encouraging the spread of cinema as a form of art, a means of exploring reality and the ideal "place" of cultural diversity.
It was started in 2008 from the joint work of the cultural association Caffè Orquidea and Vertigo srl - a company with years of experience the field of film-making - which operates in a suburban area and for this reason also aims to produce, encourage and disseminate culture.
It does so by focusing on works that often come out of the big circuits and that have as a common feature the use of strong and authentic ideas told with the most innovative and interesting language.
Through its activities, Sciacca Film Fest therefore aims to contribute to the real cultural and civil growth of the town and the entire surrounding area, considering these factors to be absolutely crucial for the lasting development of society.
Best narrative short
Best short documentary
Best short animation
"Altre identità" Award
All the awarded films will receive the ceramic figurine of Melqart, handmade by the Sicilian artist Roberto Masullo.
- Entries must be submitted via FilmFreeway and include a working screener accessible via FilmFreeway in order to be considered.
- Foreign language films must be subtitled in English or italian.
- Foreign language documentary feature films (over 40 min.) must be subtitled in italian.
- Films selected for screening will be notified on or around August 10, 2020.
Please note that the festival will not answer any inquires regarding selection status.
The judgement of the jurors is unchallengeable.
- All accepted films may be screened more than once, and are scheduled at the discretion of the Sciacca Film Festival staff.
The festival dates may vary.
- The filmmaker has read and understood the rules and regulations and to the best of their knowledge, all statements are true. The filmmaker is duly authorized to submit this film to the Sciacca Film Festival.
- Sciacca Film Fest reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees.