As the world slowly regains normalcy and our province opens its doors, we are pleased to announce the holding of the first ever Saskatchewan International Film Festival (SIFF) in December this year. SIFF’s main mission is to break cultural boundaries by cultivating and promoting the art and science of film making. Just as Canada is home to people of different ethnicities, we want SIFF to be a venue where budding and seasoned filmmakers from across the globe meet and tell their story to the world.
Our primary goals are as follows:
1. To celebrate cinematic excellence in any language on a chosen theme.
2. To break cultural boundaries by bringing compelling stories to life.
3. To enrich, educate, and entertain viewers, and
4. To foster connections between new and seasoned filmmakers, and film distributors.
Best Film per category - CAD 750
Best Student/New Media Film - CAD 500
Overall Best Picture - CAD 1,000
1. Film must be in English or have English subtitle.
2. Each entry should be accompanied by a letter of intent that includes the intended category, name, e-mail address, and physical address, along with a copy of a current government-issued ID.
3. Film must be the original work of the applicant. Consents for documentaries or adaptations of real-life persons and events are the responsibility of the applicant. By entering SIFF, the applicant represents that all necessary consents and rights are properly secured. SIFF and its jurists assume no responsibility to the accuracy and veracity of the adaptation.
4. It is the applicant's sole responsibility to secure rights to the use of third-party music, logos, trademarks, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. SIFF expressly disclaims all liability and responsibility for any violations to the improper and unlawful use of the aforementioned rights.
5. Commercially produced/financed films are not eligible for competition, but could be submitted for screening.
6. Student/New Media Film entries are excluded from the Overall Best Picture award.
7. Entry fees are non-refundable.
8. SIFFI has no obligation to disclose the identities of the judges nor the details on the submitted entries.
9. Cash prize winners are solely responsible for the payment of all applicable taxes.
10. Winners will be announced on December 11, 2021. The judges' decision is final.