"Dévouement" - Sapporo residency
From left to right, from top to bottom.
1. Accepting the price VANS “OFF THE WALL” for short film : Festin en capsule at Prends ça court!.
2. Still frame from Festin en capsule with six of the ten worldwide festival selections.
3. Photography with musician friends after a performance at Bitches Brew in Kanagawa.
4. Working with macrophotography in Montreal.
5. Presentation of the ''Dévouement'' project translated in Japanese inviting restaurant chefs to participate.
6. Picture taken after the screening of "7 en 7 in situ" at Jazz à l'image x FNC event organized by Corridor festival.
Runtime:3 minutes 30 seconds
After completing college studies in visual arts, Frédéric decides to favor long stays abroad. The result was a self-taught practice with regard to large-format painting, which lasted a decade. In 2017, he began experimenting with the medium of stop motion animation by directing the short film "Aracati", completed in 2018. The following two years are dedicated to the creation of his second film "Festin en capsule". After which, he leaves his studio and begins an outdoor production, on site. This is how the animated series "7 en 7 in situ" was created in the summer of 2021. Since then, Frédéric has been working on a new animated project inspired by multiple trips to Italy: "Une parcelle".