About us :
Santa Barbara International Short Fest is a short film festival. Its aim is to provide quality films to our festival audience with particular attention to the craft of performance, cinematography, sound and score, and editing.
We are seeking shorts in documentary, animation, live action and narrative films up to 50 mins there are no restrictions on when or where the film was made as long as the film itself can be classified into a general audience rating.
If you have an interesting live action or animated short film, we warmly welcome you to submit to our film section of our festival.
Santa Barbara International Shot Fest will recognise the best shorts working in their genres:
Best Short Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Student Film
Best First Time Filmmaker
Best Short Documentary
Best Unproduced Script
Best Film Score
Best Music Video
Best T.V Series
Best Virtual Reality
Best Micro Films
Best Music Video
Best Original Score
Best LGBT Film
Best Women Empowerment Film
Rules & Terms
1. We require a vimeo or YouTube or FilmFreeway digital screening link. We don't accept DVDs
2. We don't have any prior screening or première requirements
3. Please include English subtitles for non-English films. We won't consider other language films without English subtitles
4. Duration of the film should be less than or equal to 50 minutes
5. Once we notify the official winners, they can let us know if we can post the film for public viewing in our website.
1. We accept short film screenplays with up to 20 pages in length
2. Screenplays should be properly written adhering to proper screenwriting format
3. We will read the screenplays submitted only for the purposes of this contest and will not share with anyone outside our festival team without your permission.