The only festival of its kind in Southwestern Arizona and Northwest Mexico making quality films available at the reach of the masses. The mission of the San Luis Film Festival is to promote the culture and the arts through regional and internationals films from new and renowned filmmakers.
We regretfully inform you that due to the COVID-19 crisis, our short film competition will be limited to local projects only.
The event will be at the "DRIVE-IN CINEMA" (Cesar Chavez Cultural Center) 1015 N. Main Street, San Luis, AZ 85349, Phone: (928) 341-8535.
ADMISSION TICKETS AVAILABLE 10/12/2020
The screening of films will be from 6:00 -9:00 pm on 11/18/2020 - 11/20/2020
VEHICLES WILL ADMITTED TO THE VENUE AT 5:00 PM.
All attendees MUST remain in their vehicles. There is no limit to the number of occupants in vehicles [Please follow the Arizona DMV rules for vehicle occupancy].
Additional instructions regarding restrooms, and emergency procedures will be provided at the gate. All attendees may bring their own food and drinks.
First place - $750
Second place - $500
Third place - $250
THEME: "How do you cope with COVID-19 consequences in your community?", How do "The COVID-19 Pandemic in my life". "Life before and after COVID-19", "La pandemia del COVID-19 en la frontera", "The US/Mexico border during the COVID-19", etc.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Open to independent works between 1 minute to 3 minutes long made by Amateurs or current students, and Professionals creators.
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
1. Short films entered in the festival must have been completed between January 1, 2019 and OCTOBER 1, , 2020
2. Short films entered must be able to attend an Arizona premiere. In case your project is selected as a winner there will be a premiere during our festival to show the winners' films.
3. Entries may be in Spanish WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES
4. Entries may be in English WITH SPANISH SUBTITLES
5. Entries may be submitted in any of the local indigenous languages and have either Spanish/English subtitles.
6. Entries may originate from any film or video format.
7. For pre-screening, on-line screeners (Vimeo) and/or DVD screeners are accepted.
8. For festival screenings, finalists must supply a Blu-Ray and/or DVD formats.
If the pre-screening committee judges that it is in the best interest of the filmmaker to change the category of an entry, the committee reserves the right to do so. Awards will be made to the BEST in each category.
All submitted entries are reviewed by media panels and evaluated according to content, form and technical aspects. Panel members and the festival director will determine the finalists for screening at the festival. Entrants will be notified by email as to the status of the entry.
Filmmakers, journalists, artists, educators and critics will select festival award recipients from all entries. Winners’ works will be screened during the festival November 17-20, 2020. Judges reserve the right not to select a winner in any given category. Judges decisions are final.
NOTE: If you do not have a FilmFreeway account, you must create one to enter.
AVISO: Si no tiene una cuenta con FilmFreeway, debe crear una para participar.