The IMDb qualified festvial of San Francisco Indie Short Festival is happy to welcome filmmakers from all over the world and short films of all genres. Our main goal is to showcase their brilliant projects in the beautiful city of San Francisco for a diverse audience of cinephiles. It is a world-class event committed to present the best of this beautiful art called 'Cinema' and dedicated to all generations of filmmakers. The festival has a monthly and yearly structure. First of all, through "private" screenings, a team of professional screeners will evaluate all the submitted short films during each month. All the highest scored films will be reviewed by at least three judges who will decide through "private" screenings the best of each season. All the seasonal winners will receive the Official Laurels and the winning-category certificate for each season. We will announce the winners of each month through our social media. In the second stage, we will hold an annual event. Here, the internal committee selects the candidates for the yearly event from each month's winners. The selected films will compete for the annual awards. The annual online event is scheduled for Nov 2021.
Best narrative Us short film
Best international short film
Best first time filmmaker short
Best student short
Best documentary short
Best animation short
Best experimental short
Best horror short
Best dance short film
Best sci-fi short
Best covid film
Best music video
Best web series
Best women empowerment short
Best human rights‘ film
Best lgbtq short
Best female director
Best male director
Best original screenwriting
Best unproduced short script
Best sound design
Best original score
Best production design
Best make up
Rules and Terms:
– In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
– Any Foreign film that is not in English must have English subtitles.
– All fees are non-refundable.
– Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no answers will be given about not selected films.
– San Francisco Indie short festival can consider any film to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate. If you have any question regarding this decision you might contact us at our email address.
– Filmmakers can submit the film in multiple categories in order to become a multi-award film. Still, the decision about the selection is strictly determined by our judges’ team and no selection is guaranteed.
– Submitting your movie, you authorize San Francisco Indie short festival to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills in our social media.
– Films can be available online and still be entered in the competition for our festival.
– Multiple submissions and multiple category submissions are accepted.
– Films must have been completed within the past 5 years.
– Shorts must be less than 50 minutes.
-We do not require premiere status.