SZERPENTIN Dance Film Festival is the only platform in Hungary dedicated solely to dance- and movement-based film and video productions.
The program introduces the latest of screendance, as well as music, fashion, sport, architecture videos and visual experiments with strong choreograhic features.
The festival considers "dance film" in a wider sense. Innovative approaches and experiements with movements, gestures, rhythm, the human body and its relation to space are presented as well.
- "Best Short Film Award" with money prize
- "Special Mention Award"
- "Audience Award"
INTERNATIONAL / HUNGARIAN SHORTS
- films, videos with strong choreographic feature
- duration: 0-15 min
- created in 2016, 2017, 2018 (Hungarian shorts: 2010-2018)
- in case text included, English translation is available
- high quality master copy is available
- documentation of stage productions
- In case your film is selected for screening you will be asked to send a master copy.
- Szerpentin is granted the right to screen the selected films during the festival period 25-28 April 2019 at any location of the festival in Budapest without the paying of any screening fee. General scheduling and timetable of screenings are entirely at the discretion of the festival.
- Once your film is selected into the program, you may be contacted to share your work with our 2019 touring program.
- Szerpentin is granted the right to use the submitted films, film stills, posters and trailers for promotional purposes on the internet, television and other media.
- By submitting your film you claim to have full ownership of the film and / or have cleared all the rights. Szerpentin shall under no circumstances be liable for any claims by third parties.
- Szerpentin Dance Film Festival is an initiative of Parallel Art Foundation, Budapest, Hungary, which possesses all the rights to act on behalf of the festival.