**The 2022 SWIFF Festival will be from November 13 - 18**
**The 2023 season is open for entries!**
The Student World Impact Film Festival is the premier student film festival that attracts submissions from 5,000+ aspiring filmmakers in 100+ countries each year.
The festival is hosted to boost participation in filmmaking from students around the world, and it is 100% free to submit.
The festival is open to anyone in any country who is of student age or is perfecting their filmmaking craft. Aspiring filmmakers of all backgrounds are encouraged to submit to showcase their movies on the big screen!
The program includes an engaging film screening, workshops for student filmmakers, and an awards ceremony.
Official Selections will receive an official virtual certificate and have the opportunity to apply to:
- Be featured on our podcast, the Film Sessions Podcast
- Publish their film(s) on Amazon Prime Video (a major streaming platform) for free
For each award category, the winner will receive:
- Official winner virtual certificate
- Opportunity for Amazon Prime Video distribution (free of charge)
- Featuring you on our website and on social media
- Opportunity to purchase an engraved award trophy
- Perks and benefits with the sponsor, The Lighthouse Initiative
1) Global Impact Grand Prize
2) Global Impact Grand Jury Award
3) Emerging Film Visionary Award
4) Global Impact Grand Prize for Championing Diversity & Culture
5) Best Student Short Film
6) Best Student Super Short Film
7) Best Student Documentary
8) Best Student Comedy
9) Best Student Animation
10) Best Student Drama
11) Best Student Experimental
12) Best Student Feature Film
13) Best Student Music Video
14) Best Pre-College Student Director
15) Best Pre-College Student Cinematographer
16) Best Pre-College Student Actor
17) Best Pre-College Student Actress
18) Best Pre-College Video Editing
19) Best PSA Video
The festival encourages all students to apply. A student is defined as anyone who is perfecting their craft in filmmaking.
Below are the rules for applying. By submitting to SWIFF, YOU AGREE TO ALL of the following rules. If your film violates one of these rules, SWIFF reserves the right to not select your film.
1) ***The film MAY NOT CONTAIN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
Profanity, nudity, sexually-related thoughts or behavior, extreme religious or anti-religious content, hate, and violence.
SWIFF reserves the right to not select your film if it contains content from the above categories OR content RELATED to the above categories. SWIFF promotes a safe, friendly environment for student audiences of all ages.
2) If your film is screened at the film festival, we will not pay a screening fee. By submitting to the Student World Impact Film Festival, you agree that you will not request to receive a screening fee if your film is screened.
3) Films must have been created in 2016 or later, but no earlier than 2016.
4) All films must be in English OR have English subtitles.
5) There are no restrictions regarding prior premiere(s) or distribution of films being submitted to our festival. There are no restrictions regarding submitting your film to other festivals.
6) All films must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
7) The Student World Impact Film Festival reserves the right to reject any ineligible entries.
8) Films must be the original work of the submitting applicant ONLY. By entering this competition, you attest that you have all the necessary rights to your film and/or that the content of the film is entirely your own original work.
9) The Student World Impact Film Festival is not liable for any copyright, trademark, or credit infractions/fees from filmmakers that submit to our festival. If your film violates a copyright rule/law, you are solely liable and responsible.
10) The Student World Impact Film Festival's volunteers/jurors/organizers are not liable for any comments or opinions regarding submitted and selected films.
11) If you submit your film and are selected to screen at our festival, you agree to let us promote your film on our online platforms and social media and will grant us access to/send us materials such as your film poster, official trailer, and your full film to be screened.
12) SWIFF does not provide feedback nor does SWIFF have an obligation to provide justification for films that are not selected. If you were not selected, SWIFF still encourages you to express yourself through filmmaking and submit to our festival during the subsequent season or to other festivals.
13) SWIFF reserves the right to revoke selection at any time if we discover that your film violated any one of the above rules.