National festival of screenings, events, and awards for short filmmakers from India, held in the city of Chennai. We are looking for filmmakers who are driving the short film forward through inspirational and innovative works.
This festival is dedicated to Indian short films in all genres with a running time of up to 40 minutes and is accepted under General Category and Women Category (there will be no separate category for students) We’re keen to showcase what you as new filmmakers across India are doing whether it’s your first film or you’re on your way to becoming established.
Sieger Group, a leading Training and Event Management Company in India conducting a National Short Film Festival, scheduled to be held on Saturday, March 7th, 2020 in Chennai.
The main objective is to provide an opportunity for independent filmmakers to have their best work selected and showcased in a celebration of cinema, as well as to give them a platform to network amongst fellow professionals and industry experts. This film festival is organized by Sieger Group, to know more about Sieger Group please visit https://www.siegergroups.com/ and Festival Page: http://filmfestival.siegergroups.com/
SNSFF proposes to honor Short Films with Memento, Certificate & Cash Prize under 2 Categories:
1. General Category
2. Women Category
Each will receive honors with Cash Prize, Memento's and Certificates separately under General & Women Categories as follows:
• 1st Prize Memento, Certificate & Cash Prize of INR 15000
• 2nd Prize Memento, Certificate & Cash Prize of INR 5000
• 3rd Prize Memento, Certificate & No Cash Prize
• Best Director with Mementos & Certificates (No Cash Prize)
SNSFF will also honor the with Mementos and Certificates to the below sections as a common platform and no separate category are awarded
• Best Actor (Male & Female)
• Best Negative Role (Male, Female)
• Best Comedy Actor (Male, Female)
• Best Screenplay Writing
• Best Editor
• Best Music Director
• Best Cinematography
• Best Costume
• Best Makeup
• Best Art Director
• Best Singer
By submitting to the Sieger National Short Film Festival (SNSFF), you must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival:
• The Festival is meant for Short Films only and submission is open ONLY to residents of India.
• Only Best short film and Best Director under General and Women categories will be considered separate. Other awards are under common only.
• Total running time must be Maximum of 40 minutes including front and back credits. There is no minimum running time.
• The short film can be in any Indian language or genre, but English subtitles are compulsory for festival presentation.
• Short Films that have been already exhibited on the Internet or any other medium also eligible for participation in the contest
• The short film must have been completed after 1st January 2015.
• Submission Deadlines with a Non-Refundable Registration Fee:
o Early Bird Submission: 20th November 2019 with a Registration fee of:
- General Category - INR 1000
- Women's Category - INR 900
- Students Entries (No Separate Category) - INR 750
o Regular Submission: 15th January 2020 with a Registration fee of:
- General Category- INR 1250
- Women's Category- INR 1100
- Students Entries (No Separate Category) - INR 1000
o Late Deadline: 7th February 2020 with a Registration fee of:
- General Category- INR 1500
- Women's Category - INR 1300
- Students Entries (No Separate Category) - INR 1000
Online Fund Transfer:
Account Name - N RAJKUMAR
Bank Name - INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK
Bank Branch - GOWRIVAKKAM
Account Number - 178701000003838
IFSC Code - IOBA0001787
Account Type - SAVING
• The film should be submitted before the deadline for consideration. Sieger Events is not responsible for late or misappropriated entries.
• The competition is open for professionals as well as students. No separate section for student filmmakers
• Multiple entries are allowed for each submitter and each entry may be submitted with separate submission fees.
• The short film must be submitted/uploaded in MOV/MPEG-4/WMV format only
• The publicity material (Brochure, Stills, Poster, etc.) and a synopsis of the short film to be enclosed with the entry. Entries must be sent via Filmfreeway along with the YouTube / Google drive link to your short film. Entry materials submitted shall not be returned to the entrant.
• Sieger National Short Film Festival Rules and Regulation acceptance covering letter.
• Short Films must contain synopsis. If submission without synopsis will not be considered
• A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
• Films once selected for final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances until the festival is over.
• Sieger National Short Film Festival organizing, selection committee members, juries are not allowed to participate in the respective festival as a contestant
• All the Short Films will be confidentially screened by a pre-selection committee appointed by Sieger Events. This committee reserves every right to exclude submissions that are not in conformity with the objectives of the competition or which offend national feelings or likely to promote discrimination based on gender, caste, creed, religion or language.
• Short Films lacking enough technical qualities will also be rejected. The entries shall without regard to the cost of production or subject matter be judged based on Content Originality (Quality of storyline, and script), Production (Camerawork, lighting, and shot composition), Post-Production (Editing, transitions, pacing, continuity, and flow), Image (Focus, color, and lighting)
• After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually, the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. Short Films selected by the pre-selection committee will only be eligible for final screening at the competition venue.
• The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of the panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
• Selected film will be notified via email by Monday, February 22, 2020. Please ensure that you have provided us with your correct/valid email.
• Any link of the movie submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit a properly working link.
• Festival Authorities reserve the right to reject any film which doesn't adhere to the Festival rules. Any evidence of plagiarism will lead to immediate disqualification.
• Festival Authorities reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times, extend the Festival deadline for any unforeseen reasons if required and possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening.
• Short films that are submitted must be the entrants’ original work. By submitting Short Films to Sieger National Short Film Festival 2020, filmmaker/producer takes the whole responsibility of copyright issues of music, script and other creative and technical aspects of the film. By entering the Festival, the entrant agrees that SNSFF will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short film.
• The submitter declares that he or she holds all copyrights to the film. Additionally, the creator of the film declares that he or she holds the necessary rights and has paid all relevant fees concerning music used in the film and all iconographic materials. The music license needs to include for public presentations of the film.
• The creators of the film bear all financial and legal responsibility for infringement of rights held by third parties. In the case of images of third parties being featured in the film, the creator of the film declares that he or she holds all required rights and received permission to use the image of the person concerned.
• You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SNSFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
• The submitter may also run the risk of being prosecuted as per the Indian Criminal Procedure Code and the Indian Media Law for any offense or infringement. Racial, religious and regional discrimination shall not be portrayed in any part of the film being submitted.
• The Sieger National Short Film Festival reserves the right to remove a film, project, or screenplay from the festival program for any reason or for no reason and shall not be liable for any refund or claims of any kind arising out of such removal. In case the film, project or screenplay in question is disqualified or is unable to screen due to technical, or operational difficulties, or if your film needs to be rescheduled, delayed, or removed from the program for any reason, the filmmaker (cast, crew, or anyone involved with the project in question) are not entitled to any refund or damage claims of any kind.
• Affidavits of winners under 18 years of age at the time of award must be countersigned by a parent or legal guardian. Affidavits are subject to verification by the Sieger National Short Film Festival.
• All the legal issues, if any, shall be under the jurisdiction of Chennai only.
• All entered films grant the SNSFF a non-exclusive limited use agreement to use selected portions of submitted films to use: The Film’s title, the Film’s synopsis, photographs, trailers, and other Publicity Deliverables, and any of the principal cast members’, director(s)’s, writer(s)’s, producer(s)’s, crew members’ names, voice, biographical information, and/or likeness, in the following media: SPIFF’s website, Social Media (including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube), the printed festival film guide, the festival mobile app, radio, television and press releases throughout the universe, in perpetuity, without compensation, permission, or notification, solely for the purpose of advertising, publicizing, and promoting the Film Festival and the Film’s screening. for which the entrants are solely responsible.
• Filmmakers fully retain all rights, title, and interest in their films and all Intellectual Property. Also, the organizers will be able to share the information with its publicity partners.
• We will never show or screen your film without Informing you.
• Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their films submitted.
• SNSFF does not take any type of financial commitment for the expense incurred on the correspondence by the participant.
• All Travel, Lodging, Boarding, Food, and other miscellaneous expenses will have to be borne by the participant himself for attending the festival. No request for the same will be entertained.
• If you would like to apply for a trophy then write to us. Courier costs to be paid by the applicant. In case of loss or damage during the transport, the festival team is not responsible for the same.
• SNSFF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Such an amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
• The Sieger National Short Film Festival is tentatively scheduled to be conducted on Sunday, 1st March 2020 in Chennai.
• Festival Timing will be from 02:00 PM to 5:30 PM
• Invites will be extended to all distinguished personalities who will participate in the award ceremony.
• Entertainment events will form part of the festival.
• If your film is selected, you will be invited to attend the screening. Entrants will receive one free entry pass from the SNSFF. Entrants are responsible for the costs associated with traveling to the venue, food, and accommodation.
• Publics who are interested to attend this festival need to buy the ticket online or from the Filmfreeway, Bookmyshow or at the Venue.
• No meals or beverages shall be provided to the attendees, however, they can buy their meals and beverages from the Food Court in the Venue
• The venue and event schedule will be intimated to all participants by Email / SMS and through various media for the knowledge of the public.
• Early Bird Submission: 20th November 2019
• Regular Submission: 10th January 2020
• Late Deadline: 7th February 2020
• Notification Date: 22nd February 2020
• Festival Date: 7th March 2020
CHECK-LIST BEFORE SUBMISSION:
• Proper downloadable link YouTube / Google drive to your short film
• Separate subtitle file with proper sync, if subtitles aren't part of the video (srt format)
• Synopsis - Word limit of 200 (pdf format)
• Poster - A3 Size (jpeg format)
• Sieger National Short Film Festival Rules and Regulation acceptance covering letter
• Links and other details shall also be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org