SMHFF Short Film Youth Competition is back for its third year! In 2021, we saw over 700 youths participate in the competition. Through the Festival’s platform, and multiple local and international collaborations, #SMHFFYouth have reached over 20,000 individuals around the world — and the numbers are still growing! By harnessing this powerful medium, we want to continue creating more avenues for our youth filmmakers to advocate for mental health/dementia issues.
Singapore Mental Health Film Festival Limited (SMHFF) is a Singapore-based and registered non-profit organisation.
SMHFF’s vision is to provide an inclusive and safe platform for stories about recovery and resilience.
Best Overall Short Film: S$3000
Best Impact Short Film (Help-seeking and Community Support) : S$1000
Best Impact Short Film (Grief & Loss) : S$1000
Audience Choice Award: S$1000
The 2022 Best Overall Short Film will be screened at the next Singapore Mental Health Film Festival in 2022.
1) Be between the ages of 15 — 35 years old
2) Be a 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗮𝗽𝗼𝗿𝗲 at time of submission
3) Your short film should be relevant to at least one of the themes for this year's competition:
- Grief and Loss
- Help-Seeking and Community Support
4) Attend the required workshops as stated on the website
5) Submit your short film by 30 June, 2022
*NEW DEADLINE EXTENSION 14 July 2022
Please refer to the full Terms and Conditions here: