SLINGSHOTS celebrates the new Slingshot from Polaris, a brand-new three-wheeled adventure that blasts through traditional thresholds of excitement. An exhilarating cross between sportscar and motorcycle, the Slingshot thrusts enthusiasts into a whole new lifestyle that celebrates the brilliant sights and sounds of the coolest highways and byways around the globe--as Slingshots penetrate the natural beauty that surrounds, but often escapes, us.
SLINGSHOTS means to assemble 2-5 minute videos that capture the incredible Slingshot vibe--with the best heart-stopping, breath-taking, eye-popping, crowd-wooing, nature-loving video clips imaginable--shot of, by, and for Slingshot enthusiasts.
The following categories are suggestive of content, but will exclude nothing. .
> water shots (oceans, lakes, rivers, etc.)
> city shots (great cities like Denver, SF, New Orleans, NY; or out of the way spots; etc.)
> mountain shots (Rockies, Sierras, Appalachians, Smokies, Adirondacks, etc.)
> country shots (deserts, plains, rolling hills, etc.)
> road shots (US 66, US 50, Az 666, NM 555, US 101, etc. YOU know the good ones!)
> hood shots (your favorite 'hood; maybe where you want to live--or not!)
> mug shots (people's reactions to your SS, etc.)
> still shots (photo's of your SS at cool or famous spots, or showing off your mod's)
All selected subissions will be screened on a looped basis at the SPRINGSLING event at El Toro AFB in Orange County, Ca. on May 20-22.
1. Footage MUST be shot from--or of--the Slingshot 3-wheeled vehicle by Polaris, featuring road footage of cities, mountains, water, and engaging landscapes of all sorts, as identified above. Videos should be no longer than 10 minutes in length; longer videos may be selected IF the content is sufficiently varied and engaging. The idea is to have imagery that grabs attention and engages the soul of Slingshot riders and enthusiasts.
2. Videos must be uploaded to Youtube or Vimeo.
3. The URL of the uploaded video must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Video contents must be the exclusive property of the submitter; or the submitter must have the legal right to offer the material, in whole or in part, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, public exhibition, reproduction, and/or distribution through any medium and for any purpose, in perpetuity, without remuneration or consideration.
5. By submitting a video, submitter grants Festival organizers to download and/or reproduce the contents of said video, in whole or in part, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, public exhibition, reproduction, and/or distribution through any medium and for any purpose, in perpetuity, without remuneration or consideration.
6. Submitters should avoid using copyrighted music in the background of their submissions unless they have the legal right to do so.
7. Accepted submissions will be asked to provide an NTSC DVD for screening at the festival.