2023 Seoul International Senior Film Festival has offered fresh insights across old age and life by asking questions not only about the elderly, but also about life and death, relationships and generations. In addition, it has established itself as an international film festival by introducing high-quality works produced in various countries and providing a forum for exchanging different concerns. With the aging of the world becoming a major issue, we want to grow as a representative film platform that contributes to broadening understanding and empathy between generations.
- The Grand Prize: monetary award of KRW 3,000,000 and a trophy
- The Second Prize: monetary award of KRW 2,000,000 and a trophy
- SISFF only accepts projects completed after 1 January 2021 and we will favor work completed after 1 January 2021.
- SISFF accepts all films in any genre.
- SISFF accepts short films which should have a maximum running time of 30 minutes.
- There is no premiere status requirement for films.
- SISFF accepts completed films.
- SISFF does not accept resubmissions unless substantial changes have been made.
- All Film that is not in English or Korean, must have English or Korean subtitles.
- All entries are viewed and the final films are selected by the selection committee(the jury) organized by the festival.
- Each selected film will be notified individually by e-mail and the final list will be announced on a bulletin board of our official website by March 2023 at the latest.
[PLEASE NOTE OUR GENERAL RULES]
- The screener submitted to SISFF must be the same as the final version which will be screened during the festival.
- The screener should be private links or protected by passwords.
- The link to your video included in your submission form must not expire.
- More than one film may be submitted. Each documentary must be accompanied by its own entry form and fee.
- Entrants must not withdraw from screenings once the final selections are confirmed.
- SISFF is unable to return preview copies and all materials.
- The finalists of the Seoul International Senior Film Festival may be screened for educational purposes (excluding ‘Visiting Seoul International Senior Film Festival’) except for commercial purposes, and this will be decided through initial consultation with the exhibitors.
- Your film of the finalists will be screened in the physical theater, if SISFF will be screened online with technical protection, but also will be available to KOREA audiences through streaming platform ‘ONFIFN’.
- Your film must not be in breach of any copyright, including music or sound used in your film.