The 14th Seoul International Senior Film Festival, which was scheduled to be held in October 2021, will be postponed to the first half of next year due to the fourth wave of COVID-19 in South Korea. (**The exact date is not confirmed yet. Between Mar 1- May 31**)
The COVID-19 cases in South Korea, especially in Seoul, have dramatically surged recently. After Chuseok, the Korean holiday celebrating the fall harvest when many families travelled to gather together, the country’s cases have been rapidly rising. The extension of the government's strict social distancing regulations for another two weeks has started last Monday, amid the nation's worst wave of infections.
To make a safer environment for the elderly audiences and the filmmakers, who wish to watch the films and enjoy the festival offline in theatres, we had to make a difficult decision to postpone the 14th SISFF to the first half of next year. We could not simply decide to screen the films online since they deserve to be screened on the big screens.
Even though the festival has been postponed to next year, we’ll definitely screen the all officially selected films at the 14th SISFF. The officially selected films for the 14th SISFF Short Competition Section and the Official Invitation Section have been announced in the SISFF news.
We deeply apologise for the festival's delay due to the worsening COVID-19 situation in South Korea. And thank you so much for your patience and cooperation. We appreciate it a lot and we look forward to meeting you in person soon in a safer environment!
[The 14th SISFF SHORT COMPETITION SECTION ANNOUNCEMENT]
[The 14th SISFF OFFICIAL INVITATION SECTION ANNOUNCEMENT]
[Awards & Prizes for the International Competition]
- The Grand Prize: monetary award of KRW 2,000,000 and a trophy
- The Second Prize: monetary award of KRW 1,000,000 and a trophy
- SISFF only accepts projects completed after 1 January 2019 and we will favor work completed after 1 January 2020.
- SISFF accepts all films in any genre.
- SISFF accepts short films which should have a maximum running time of 30 minutes.
- There is no premiere status requirement for films.
- SISFF accepts completed films. Works-in-progress may only be submitted under special circumstances.
- SISFF does not accept resubmissions unless substantial changes have been made.
- All Film that is not in English or Korean, must have English or Korean subtitles.
- Waivers(free entry) are granted only to the applicants who have been invited to submit.
- All entries are viewed and the final films are selected by the festival programmer and the selection committee organized by the festival.
- Each selected film will be notified individually by e-mail and the final list will be announced on a bulletin board of our official website by 10 Sept 2021 at the latest.
[PLEASE NOTE OUR GENERAL RULES]
- The screener submitted to SISFF must be the same as the final version which will be screened during the festival.
- The screener should be private links or protected by passwords.
- The link to your video included in your submission form must not expire.
- More than one film may be submitted. Each documentary must be accompanied by its own entry form and fee.
- Entrants must not withdraw from screenings once the final selections are confirmed.
- SISFF is unable to return preview copies and all materials.
- Your film must not be in breach of any copyright, including music or sound used in your film.