Write a 5 page, or less, short film script and inspire us with your visions of a better future.
This Year's Theme: UNITY
There are many festivals and contests for short films, but none are focusing on optimistic Sci-Fi, a sub-genre that is devoted in showing an inspired optimistic future of what the human spirit can achieve. If this is a vision you also share ….welcome to this contest!.
The objective of this contest is to encourage filmmakers to create more optimistic Sci-Fi.
This SFC Optimistic Writing Contest challenges you to write a wonderful story that not only tells a wonderful dramatic story but to also inspire us with your vision of an optimistic future. Optimistic Sci-Fi has been inspiring us since the dawn of science and science fiction. Make us laugh or cry, but more importantly give us hope for a better future.
This is the second year of the contest. Please read the rules and terms carefully and make sure your script qualifies for the contest.
So what are you waiting for, go write your optimistic Sci-Fi script now :)
First Prize - AU$200
Second Prize - AU$100
Third Prize - AU$50
Wild cards (bonus) - Masoud Varjavandi will offer to produce the short films of 1-3 finalists in 2021, as part of the SFC Originals content on www.sfcfilms.com.
Judging Panel - Marisa Martin, Karel Segers, and Russell Lee
A finalist will be selected every month, from the submission on the same month, until the end of the contest where a panel of judges will select winners from the finalists.
Your script will be judged on:
1. Is it good drama?
2. Is there good science in the story?
3. Is it optimistic?
4. Usage of the theme? (2020 Theme is : UNITY)
5. Screenplay format (AKA film script)
1. Your script must be 5 pages or less, not including the title
2. One script only will be selected as finalist each month to be judged at the end of the contest as winner, or winners. So you can enter as many scripts as you like, we recommend however that you spread your submissions over many months for better chance of being selected.
3. Submissions are through FilmFreeway only.
NOTE: By submitting your script, or pitch idea, you guarantee that it is your original idea/story, and you own all the copyright ( fan film script or stories based on other films will not be accepted)