Mysailing in partnership with Multihull Central, WASPcam, Pantaenius Insurance and All Marine Spares are proud to the present the SEAbbatical Short Film Festival. We are searching for the world's best cruising short films shot in the spirit of adventure and capturing the most inspirational experiences caught on camera while cruising on some of the worlds most breathtaking bodies of water.
Video entries are open worldwide to anyone who has filmed an experience, culture, destination and wildlife above or below the water that tells a good story of their voyage or 'SEAbbatical'. You may be an aspiring filmmaker, or perhaps someone who was in the right place at the right time with the red light flashing.
With the rapid rise of small but technically capable cameras and affordable editing software, anyone who goes cruising is now capable of producing quite stunning videos of life at sea. However it's getting to these remote destinations that makes the footage and stories so special and so difficult to capture. We want to celebrate and recognise the videos and films of those living their dream of adventure on the ocean and in the process, inspiring a new generation to follow.
The judges will select the best films which will be showcased on the big screen at the Village Theatre on the opening night of the Sanctuary Cove Boat Show on May 25 2017. The top films will be awarded the prestigious SEAbbatical Short Film Festival "Brass Bell" plus prizes including a WASPcam.
The top films will be awarded the prestigious SEAbbatical Short Film Festival “Brass Bell” plus a share of over $2000 worth of prizes, including a WASPcam.
In addition to these awesome prizes, the winner will also benefit from unbeatable exposure that only MySailing and our sponsors can offer. This includes an interview in Cruising Helmsman, a hero-shot on the MySailing.com.au homepage, a feature in the MySailing eNewsletter, plus more. This is an unmissable opportunity to showcase your work to on audience of over 120,000.
The content of the video must be filmed from a boat excursion with the content duration of between 3-8 minutes, no longer.
The video must be in English or have English subtitles and cannot be of commercial value in selling a product or service.
The SEAbbatical Short Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt or entire film from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the festival for promotional purposes.
- The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
- The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the SEAbbatical Short Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses, including but not limited, to attorney's fees and costs of the court), which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
SUBMISSION RELEASE AGREEMENT:
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I have read, understood, and complied with all eligibility and submission requirements
- All the statements and documents provided are authentic and accurate
- In consideration for the selection opportunity into the SEAbbatical Short Film Festival, I release and discharge the SEAbbatical Short film Festival from any and all claims, demands, or causes of actions related to misappropriation or infringement of copyright or violation of any other right arising from or relating to my submission hereunder.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SEAbbatical Short Film Festival from any claims that arise as a result of my screenplay and/or film submission or screening of my film (upon selection) as well as from damage to or loss of any submitted documents or materials en route to the festival.
- I have all rights necessary and am duly authorized to submit this screenplay and/or film to the SEAbbatical Short Film Festival.
- I understand, as the authorized and responsible representative of my selected screenplay and/or film, any prize awarded to the selected screenplay and/or film is to be received by me or any other singular, official representative of the selected screenplay and/or film.
- I understand that the SEAbbatical Short Film Festival may disqualify and reject any submission that it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, is not in compliance, in whole or in part, with the mentioned Terms.